Am I going to die?

I googled a small swelling on my neck that started today (in that area you have lines so you can move your head) with no other symptoms and it tells me I have a tumor. Or plague. I'm scared.

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems unlikely! Go and tell a responsible adult. If it is serious, they will take you to the doctor.

What Guys Said 2

• You mean a bulgie neck? It can be anything, but a tumor is probably unlikely. You will probably have other symptoms

• It could be a goiter like you said and all you need to do is take thyroid pills for hyperthyroidism

• No, nothing. The both sides of my neck feel a little swollen too, when I touch them. But I could be imagining this. I never touch my neck normally. I don't know how it should feel like. I'm just so scared.

• Just go see the doctor; It's not a life threatening situation if you're still able to breath and talk and showed no other symptoms. No point asking here in GAG because I don't know of any doctors that actually use GAG and even then they would need your blood tested as well as scan your neck to figure out what it is.

• Seems unlikely. It is normal to have things like this from time to time. If it stays for more than a 2 - 3 weeks, see a doctor. You should be fine

• I'm really scared I have a goiter. I'm starting to feel sick in the stomach

• No. There are no other symptoms

• go to a doctor, that's all I can say

What Girls Said 3

• Oh boy, that's why I never use Google instead of doctor, literally everything always leads to cancer or dying.

• I feel a little better now. I ate a piece of cake to see if I could swallow and I can. I got out of the bed and my neck doesn't feel that swollen. I try to get my mind off this. If my neck feels the same by next Saturday, I'll visit a doctor. Thank God for my health insurance.

• Get off the internet and ask your parents. It's probably a swollen lymph node.

• probably not. Just go to the doctor and check it out. It can be a pimple, a cist (which typically aren't cancerous and just need to be removed), or maybe an inflamed lymphnode.

• but what if they aren't removed

• if it isn't cancerous then it becomes a nuisance and possibly could start to hurt.

• My dad has had one and my mother gets them on her head from time to time