What is the difference between kindness and naivety to you?

What is the difference between kindness and naivety to you

How would you help someone who is both of those things - help them be less naive

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I think you just need self awareness more then anything. I would just explain that you can still be kind but you have to recognize that you're a kind person and that certain people can and will easily take advantage of it and you need to know that there's a difference between being kind and being taken advantage of and how to recognize people who will take advantage of you.

I'm nice so i've had lots of people try to take advantage of that as soon as they see it but I read people very well and I question everything so I guess it's about accepting how and who you are and being smart enough to read other people for who they are as well.

What Guys Said 4

• Naivety to me is when the person being used doesn't see through the people who fake being kind to them.

Kindness to me is when you're genuinely kind and generally have no bad intentions.

• Kindness is being there for people who are also there for you or others.
    Or at least people who are nice and grateful :D
    Naivity is believing that someone has the best intentions though you should know better :-(

• The naive are not aware of their kindness because they are ignorant. The kind are not ignorant but prefer to be naive.

• I think they are separate aspects of the personality, where kindness is holding value for something and assisting it, naivety is not recognizing the full scope of something.

What Girls Said 3

• Kindness is someone who is caring, warm and friendly, where as Naivety is the lack of good judgment, wisdom; inexperienced etc..

Honestly, I don't think you can really help someone be less naïve.. Life experience is the greatest teacher. Sure some people can learn from watching others make mistakes, but there are always those that believe they're the exception even when all the odds are stacked against them and end up learning the hard way.

You can try to speak reason, but it may be a waste of your breath.

• Kindness; It is about knowing what you are doing. Knowing who deserves your kindness. However, Naivity is sth you do not expect. You should know better though.

• I think I am both :(