How to convince my parents to let me go to France with my friend?

So I will be 18 in a week and I live with my parents (follow their rules I know). We had an exchange student from France come to my state. I befriended the guy and later he invited me to go to France. It has been my dream to go for at least a year but the programs were pricey as fuck. Of course I lowered it to 6 months cause my parents thought a year was too long. I have known this guy for a year (his program is only for a year) and I think I can trust him. My dad said I could only for a month which I think is retarded. Its a thousand bucks per ticket. His parents are trusty. He said his parents approve of me going there. I DONT like him in any way other than a brother. He likes someone else too. I want to convince my parents to let me go for at least 6 months or more than as month.

IF YOU DONT THINK I SHOULD GO FOR MORE THAN DONT BOTHER RESPONDING!! I SEE MY PARENTS SIDE TOO BUT I TRUST THIS DUDE

Pomess de terre

Most Helpful Girl

• U wanna know more about the place n within that time will not be enough

• I can ask about where he lives but I have studied French culture n language for 4 years.

• That's sounds annoying foreal😰 they need to trust u n u r also 18 u will be gone sound and they have to learn u r going to need some space.. u can protect ur self!!! They can pop in n check on u.. but god dam it not all the time

• It was very annoying -_- I know right! They don't trust me. But thanks. I will try to convince them to fuck off.

What Guys Said 1

• You'll be abducted in France and Liam Neeson is gonna save you.

What Girls Said 2

• The ticket is expensove and you aren't going to Lear. French in a month but likely will in 6 months of you have already taken intro to French classes.

Can you study while you're there? What part of France? Going to learn the language is your best argument for a longer time allotment.

• I have studied French for 4 years

• Yeah then I would agree. If they are comfortable with you going for a month then 6 months should be okay too. You really need that time to become fluent. They will try to speak English to you but of you tell them you are German that usually puts an end to it as most don't speak German unless you are in Strasbourg. If your accent isn't too heavy they have a hard time recognizing between German and English tongue.

Your Dad probably just doesn't want you to be gone for that long because he'll miss you or is afraid you'll try to move over there. LOL

• He is worried something bad might happen to me and honestly I understand that. But I know French, I will definitely buy a phone when I get there and call if they want me to. I know a lot about the things in the country. I am ready for any scenario.

Thanks :p My accent isn't heavy at all.

• You will stay at the parents house of the guy? And when you are there, you will travel, work, study?

Maybe your parents can Skype with the parents of the guy, reassures them maybe?

• I will yes. I will sorta travel and go to his school.

The time zones are way too different.

• because he likes you? Can you understand his? I took 3 years of french and I don't understand mathematics or science subjects in french.

But ok, thats not the point. It will be a nice thing to become fluent in french when you are there :)

• He does NOT like me that way. I understand his perfectly.

True. It will be nice.