How many people on GAG have done martial arts? (karate, judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Boxing)?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was like 5 I did karate for about a year... My main skills come from wresting for about 6 years (freestyle, greco, and folk). I also practiced judo simultaneously... I was trained in as a boxer for several years on the side but never really took up the sport. It got traditional training, but my only matches were back yard boxing and street fights. :p It was just something PAL did a few days a week when I use to wrestle for them. I've also practiced wing chun kung fu a bit... I can handle myself pretty well and am tough as nails otherwise.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 7

• I've done Karate when I was 10 and then Boxing, but it wasn't for a long it. My father and brother fight Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (not professionally, they just know how to fight).

• No but I always thought it would be cool to learn

• Very little, but its fun I am pretty decent with? Bjj I'd say jiujitsu is the most important and most effective when using it on a common thug out on the streets cause a lot of those punks are like a fish out of water when it goes to the ground.

• Judo, classical wrestling and BJJ as part of the self-defense program back in service.

• I'VE DONE QUACK FU.

• I box and all my bothers box but my bros are professional boxers

• When I was a little I did karate but witnessed a parent beat the ever loving shit out of a 4th dan so decided it was useless, some martial arts just aren't transferable and pretty stupid actually- people misguidedly think they can handle themselves. I did boxing back in the day but it gave me a headache so I stopped. These days I'd do gracie jiu jitsu if I had the time and the energy.