Does France have the right to take over Africa?

I'm kind of stupid and I don't know anything about Geography or History. But, since the Berlin conference when they split ted Africa. The parts of the Africa the Speaks French right now is still theirs. So can they take it even though it happened years ago but they didn't say no the couldn't take it back.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thank god for the title because your description made no sense 😂😂

But no, I don't think so.

What Guys Said 8

• Any country has the right to take over a less free country.

You don't have the right to violate other people's rights just because you have the same nationality.

So, yes, France does have the right, though not the obligation, to take over Africa.

As an analogy, imagine that you are walking along a street, and you see John attack Adam. You try to stop John, but John says, "You are not part of our family/race/community. You have no right to stop me". Is John being reasonable? Of course not!

• noooooooooooo no

nobody has any right 2 take ANY land... yeah! \O/

• Honestly the United Kingdom/Europe has been trying to take control of Africa since pretty much the first moment they set foot there, and nothing has changed in the years since then. I doubt it will anytime soon either.

• The only thing that has changed is that the usa now exert more and more control over the African continent both military and financial much like south america through alliances with corrupt right wing regimes they install by over throwing democratically elected goverments so the usa can steal their natural resources. If you have something the usa wants watch out. #sentinelsofliberty#landofthefreeforall

• If this was centuries ago then sure. Modern time says no.

• i'm Algerian and i can tell u that france still here it dominate our economy our political decisions also our petrol and gaz

• No it doesn't. You can't blame your own lack of political and economic stability on someone else.
      Plus you're glad to get you allowances when you come here. Start moving your own country instead of fleeing it.

• @sizedoesnotmatter

Wow! That must be really challenging to try and get out from under!

• Can brits take the US because they still speak English?

• I'm sorry but who would want Africa.

• I do and actually a lot. It's full of resources.

• Yea but you'd have to deal with the people just seems messy to me...

• If your an us citzen u want their resources so u can shop cheaply#merica

• No but the western powers of the world think its okay because of racism.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think they really had the right to it because they just sat down and split it up without any care to the people living there.
    But they probably don't really want it because the costs of maintaining it have probably outweighed the what they can get for it. So they'll do what they did with any post colonial region and just leave without setting any type of government structure

• All these countries reached their independence in the 1970's.
    The companies that remain in Africa are mostly Chinese or American. These are the sad rules of economy.

• France was racist. Let's just be honest here. I am not talking about the peasants. I am talking about stalin and adolf hitler. They think they're better, because they're white. Little do they know I'm black and I stole their white knight. BOOM!

• it does not.