Girls, As superficial as this sounds, is this why I can't approach her on certain days?

I like this girl. She's a cheerleader and while I realize I probably have no shot since she's a professional at it, I still find myself so drawn to her and want to get to know her better (I actually kind of already know a few things but, just the surface sort of). The problem though is that whenever I see her (keep in mind I don't even have her number or her Facebook yet), sometimes I go up to her, sometimes I don't (she never approaches but that may be because she still really doesn't know me all that well and probably feels intimidated just as much as I do). So, on the days that I don't approach her, her outfit/coustume she's got on, is somewhat "shiny". The first time, it was her glittery outfit, and the second time, it was her metallic one. I'm a girl when it comes to shiny things, I love them. But, why is it that when she's wearing something shiny, I can't bring myself to approach her. When she's not wearing soemthing shiny, I have no probelm with it!

It sounds VERY superficial, but, that's what I believe is preventing me from really getting to know her. Why do I feel this way, and is there any way to fix it. I will most likely be seeing her again on Wednesday, as we take on the Hawks in the Eastern Conference game (away game for us) so it'll be a watch party (which is when I see her of course)

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol that's strange. Maybe u feel intimidated? I like to dress up and I always feel really cute and confident so maybe a guy might be intimidated by that and think I'm out of his league? But when I'm dressed down he thinks I'm basic

• Right, but, why intimidated. If I like shiny things, what would make me feel so intimidated by them?

• Lol do not say that you'll come off weird

• But I thought girls liked honesty?

What Girls Said 9

• i think that since you like shiny things, when she wears them, your appreciation of her goes up, so it seems to you that she's out of your league. but just remember that it's only her clothes.. at home she might be wearing swetapants, lol. Picture her in a different outfit and go conquer!

• Keep in mind I only have like basically 10-20 minutes to approach her every time I go. If I try to picture her in something else, and it takes too long, I will have wasted my chance. Any way of speeding it up, or another technique?

• I was being sarcastic

• haha, i was thinking about that. but a ring would work on any girl :)

• It might be like a warning sign to your brain.. haha. I would try and push through it. Close my eyes, count to three, take a few steps towards her. Open your eyes. In my case, i would think of it as too embarrassing to stop halfway, it would look stupid and awkward to bystanders. So i would have to go all the way over.

... this is what i would do in your situation. I imagined myself doing it, so it might not be the solution for you...

• I think you might be getting overwhelmed by her appearance on those days. Just try to talk to her when she's dressed more casually.

• I grew up around guns and hunting/fishing, so to me it's just natural to have guns around. There's nothing wrong with it... but j like an outdoorsman.

• lol, what?

• Can you still answer me though

• Well, I would say that you are nervous and intimidated by her appearance. Try to focus on her personality and getting to know her, if you base a relationship off looks it will not end well

• Shiny=Too pretty and perfect. Mentally is keeps you away?

• Maybe you're simply more confident on some days than on others?

• It's just natural modesty. If she's looking too fresh, maybe you become subconsciously intimidated.
    Answer mine?
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1491643-does-he-like-me-i-m-so-confused-high-school

• If I'm not wrong then you are a lesbian

• Straight male

• Just answer the damn question though

• just stop being so superficial.

• Easier said than done, right?

• Don't be the first answerer, if you're not going to be helpful