English exam revision, of mice and men/animal farm?

i am doing animal farm and of mice and men and wouldn't mind discussing either book in the comment section just for casual revision. this is for my gcse that i have next week and this would be a great help

Most Helpful Guy

• Omw I did a few assignments on this exact novel as well! 😂

It's about these 2 dudes who find work at a ranch to raise money for their own land (their life long dream) with Lennie being able to 'tend the rabbits' but then Lennie gets himself into a some deep shiz and George kills him in the end...

I've written a movie/novel and story review of it, I'll be reluctant to sell it to you for £1,99 ;D

I see you also have read 'the inspector calls'? I have too :')

I'm pretty sure you've read 'merchant of Venice' by Shakespeare and the 'bang bang club'?

What Guys Said 6

• I've read both books. Do you have to compare and contrast them or is each book independently tested?

The interesting thing is that Animal Farm was actually intended as a childs book.

Is it a truth that all revolutions end up with the same types people in charge? Why do you think that?

Why were the rules changed over time in favor of the pigs? Could they have just set it up for their advantage from the beginning?

When the old horse was sent off to the knackers why did the other animals put up with it?

How does the changes in the barn side rules compare with our current discussions about the US Constitution? (assuming that you are US if not can you compare it to your own founding documents? )

In of mice and men do you think he would have done it if the old man hadn't lamented that he wasn't the one who shot his dog?

How real was the dream of a ranch of their own? Do you think they really could have baught it, why or why not?

The book starts with a dead mouse in a pocket, how does the story use the title to explain what happens?

• I read Animal Farm in my free time, but I'm not doing either of those texts for my exams. I think it might be because I'm doing an IGCSE instead of a regular one? I don't know :/
    Could you give me a brief (or not so brief, up to you) summary for of mice and men?

• no I'm not doing IGCSE
      in of mice and men-
      there's two ranch workers, George and Lennie. Lennie is somewhat dependant on George as he is slightly mentaly impared. lennies actions lose george and him their current job. they head to a new ranch, there lennie manages to get into trouble with one of the other ranch workers who is also the bosses son, Curely, he gets into a fight with him and at the end he kills cureless wife. there are themes of racism, sexism and ageism throughout the novel making prejudice a reoccurring theme. the novel is set in the 1930's when the great depression was going on, the theme of loneliness was then backed up by the men usually travelling alone and playing solitaire

• an inspector calls oh gosh thats good i like that one!

• Yeah I love Priestley's portrayal of collective responsibility. The Inspector's last lines sum it up really :)

• huh... y mice particularly? o_O

• I miss Of Mice and Men, what a book.

• god its a good book, studied it to death now

• No, the ending was ridiculously done compared to the book.

• it was, it took away the idea of imagination and made it harder to develop ideas about the book

• I started today with the book of mice and men

• BBC bitesize:-)

What Girls Said 1

• what did you think of them?

• i liked them both, i prefer of mice and men due to there being more themes to read into