How was your first love?

You know that love you couldn't get out of your mind and felt so beautiful (but maybe made you feel sad if they didn't like you back) and thought you would always love them. What do you remember about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was so shy and awkward that I never said the things I should have said and some of the things I did say probably sound stupid. Of course, she never developed the feelings that I had for her and it was altogether an unrequited love. I felt like I was living a tragedy.

• this is so sweet

• Yes, we always need to remember that all of our previous relationships, friends, partners, interests - all of those people - shaped us and helped us to become the people who we are today, ESPECIALLY the ones who hurt us.

• you're totally right

What Guys Said 5

• We fell in love our senior year of high school. I was a virgin... Married at 18 and had our son that same year. We started that relationship as children... We ended that relationship four years later, as great friends and much more emotionally mature adults. Our relationship was tumultuous, passionate, impulsive, exciting, boring... etc.. We experienced, in four years, a lifetime of lessons... After the divorce, we simply shared our child.. No courts, no fights... So, my point is this... Though that relationship did not unfold as we had imagined and even though she was unfaithful, even though I was unfaithful, we never forgot that we loved each other.. I wouldn't hangs a thing about my first love.. She made me a better man and gave me an amazing son. I smile when I think about that relationship. I laugh when I see her features in my son.
    love changes it it doesn't have to go away because the dynamic changes... Love can be constant.

• Fifteen years ago now. I got the "you aren't my type" :( I still think about her to this day.

• I remember everything about it, but it wasn't one sided she loved me in return as well.

• I can say shyness and owerthinking is big mistake. After five years or so I got guts but she told no.

• Hold on... I am still looking for it.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm living it right now and it fucking sucks.

• I was so in love with my first love! I thought we were going to get married. Didn't happen but still enjoyed it while it lasted. You never forget your first love 😍

• Unrequited.

• I met a guy my freshman year of high school who I slowly developed a crush until sophomore year when it was obvious that it was more than a crush. I liked him *a lot.* a lot.

I literally just graduated so I remember everything. Way more than I probably should. 😢

• My imaginary boyfriend. Ugh, he is perf in every way.