18 and still don't have a phone?

i'm 18 and i still don't have a phone. is this unattractive to a guy? i mean i want a phone but i can't afford the phone and the contract. any ideas what i should do? your thoughts on a girl my age not having a phone?

• you need to get a phone
  • its okay it you don't
  • its okay but get one when you can
  • wtf is wrong with you? no phone wow...
  • i don't have a phone either
  • other [comment]

Most Helpful Girl

• It's okay if you can't afford it now, but you need to get a phone eventually to contact someone in case something happens, like your family or parents, friends, etc. When I had my first phone, the first 3 years were just about contacting my parents and a few friends (like about 3 or so, but mostly my family) and the others came after that, after a few years. Don't think about what others say and "it's not cool to not have a phone" because you seriously don't need to pressure yourself. Get it when you can! :)

What Guys Said 11

• It's not unattractive not to have a phone, guys love you for you not cause of
    not having a phone, i know it sucks big time but maybe you can get a boyfriend who
    will help buy you a phone

• LOL... no it won;t change yer looks :-P

• Having a phone does not make one any more or less attractive, but a phone IS a necessity nowadays tbh

• how does not having a phone affect anyones attractiveness I dont have a phone and girls dont seem to give a crap

• What type of idiot in his sane mind would ditch a girl because she doesn't have a mobile?

Hope is less than 1%, if any.

• so?

go with phone companies like Wind that are not contract based.

• I probably wouldn't have one either if I didn't get lost in the city at age 12

• if yer hot then the guy dont give a fuck if you have a phone... get one when you can tho...

• It doesn't matter, a phone isn't for attracting guys/girls it's simply a useful device. And do you need a contract? Can you not just buy an ordinary phone and pay as you go like most people?

• Are you kidding?
    Getting a girl not glued to that piece of shit 24/7 is a catch.

Only downside... You can't get in touch easy.

• I didn't have one until about a month ago. And I'm almost 19. You're fine.

What Girls Said 9

• If someone I'm gonna date doesn't have a phone I'd probably think 'thank god' cuz I hate using my phone ;_; lmao. I spent a few years without a phone but its very difficult to conduct adult life without one these days honestly. I found it to be a greater day-to-day issue than even diabetes or schizophrenia, so eventually I caved and got one. But I only use it when I absolutely have to. May your resistance be more successful!

• I don't think it's unattractive, but it is a bit strange.

• There are alternatives to communication than cellphones. Since you have a computer you could email them too. Maybe work a little more if you want to get one though. You can get a prepaid phone for as little as $35 a month or $45 with unlimited talk and text. Contracts can rip you off anyway.

• Its good - less distraction :)

• It's okay but, I'd suggest it for emergancies. Get a contract free one.

• No biggie.
    Also you can get a prepaid phone, no contract.

• I don't think its unattractive but its probably inconvenient for them

• Get a job and buy one

• Get a government phone.