What should I do in this situation?

Right now I am jobless. I don't have my own car yet, but I finished college. I don't know what to do because the guy I was seeing broke ties with me because I can't find a job and its been a year since I graduated. My reasons were no fault of my own because the school I attended didn't give me the necessary requirements. For instance I majored in web development, but had no courses in jquery, JavaScript, PHP, or Flash which are required on job applications. I just know CSS and XHTML. Many students under this major are also struggling, and the school I went to is a VERY good school, but they blamed the economy for their mistake, even using my friend for PR.

I want to go back to school, but even retail jobs are difficult to find and they do not pay much. I tried going through a temp agency, but the work doesn't last long.

I know these are just complaints, but I just want to know what you would do in my situation? I get depressed with the situation I am in.

Most Helpful Guy

• What is your living situation right now?

• I currently live with my parents, and we are working together to pay the rest of my loans. My family and I decided not take the unsubsidized loan because it acrues interest while you're still in college. We paid it upfront.

• You may have a lawsuit against this "college". However, whenever you check out a college program, it is critical to verify that it is accredited. At least you are safe living with parents. While looking for work, consider developing your skills at home. Have you ever heard of W3?

http://www.w3schools.com/

My wife went to a community college and didn't even get an associates degree, but she did get a certificate in IT and business. She now makes $80,000. So, you can study on your own and get certificates in IT.

• Thank you. This is extremely helpful. The school I went to is acreddited. I transferred there from community college in hopes of getting to know more people in my field. But even their conections weren't very helpful, and I still didn't get the information I wanted. I'm planning on going back to community college to take courses in what I don't know. The situation is just so frustrating.

What Guys Said 1

• i'd just deal with it... jobless? so wot? id focus in housework then :-)

• Lol there's only so much housework I can do. You made me smile though :)

• that's good at least :-)

What Girls Said 2

• Just keep going! You can do it!

• Don't blame urself. Me I'm going back to school. Doing babysitting for $15/hr. To get by. I also have no car yet. Which is annoying cause I'm trying to spend time with my man. And I have a 4 year old. So yeah pain. Look go back to school and take the classes you need. Do odd jobs if you need to.

• Thanks. I guess things happen for a reason. I guess I'm just a little impatient. I'm happy with the support I still have, but it troubles me.