What is the point of exercise and trying to look pretty?

what is the point of exercise and trying to look pretty, hair, clothes, makeup etc?

if your never going to be the prettiest or anything close to it then what the point of trying?

• no point... give up
  • Yes a point explain.

Most Helpful Guy

• what the point of living if you're going to die? what the point in not killing if they will die anyway? thats the kind of talk you got goin

What Guys Said 13

• Well the main reason that I exercise is so that I can reap the physical benefits of it. What I mean by this is that I want the ability to lift heavy things with ease, I want to be able to run for long intervals of time, but most importantly I exercise so that if i am ever in a situation where my fitness plays a role in my survival- I will be ready for it. Aside from the physical benefits from it, I also enjoy doing it. I like the idea that I am working towards a goal of mine and seeing consistent results. It keeps me motivated and happy in life.

As for the trying to look pretty, I do it because it genuinely makes me feel good. I like to have a representable of myself to others. If that is not your view, that is perfectly fine- dress however you want. No one should force you to do something you never wanted to do in the first place. And for the point of being the prettiest, it doesn't matter. If every sports player thought the same thing, then we would never have anyone trying it out! This goes the same for all fields out there,, whether it be sports, education, recreational purposes etc.

• You may not be the prettiest peson out there, but everyone has a peak in appearance. If you reach your personal peak, you will have a better chance of attracting people, than if you let yourself go.

• Exercise is not just for looks, its for your health and not just physically. If you are feeling stressed, exercise is a great way to relieve stress, just find a type of exercise you enjoy doing! It will raise your self-esteem and self-concept as well and not just based on the physical results. You are more than just what your body looks like.

• Flip it around the other way. Why would you want to make yourself look worse by not making the best of what you've got?

• if you do it for other people you will all most always fail so if that's why you are doing it yea just give up you should be doing it for yourself

• what's the point of living when someone out there is living better than me lmao. don't be silly

• It's for yourself. I dress for me, I work out because I like what it does for my body. Don't do it for them do it for you.

• It feels good for some people.

• You don't have to be the best. You just want to be above average.

• More like: You don't have to compare yourself to others, you just need to learn to be happy being you

• True you shouldn't compare yourself to others.

However, everywhere you go in life you are going to be measured up against the guy to your left and right. in college, in dating, at work after college. Therefore, you do have to be above average.

• There is no point. Grow blueberries!

• I like to exercise
    Its a good way to pass time

• You should enhance your boobs size and your hips size than you look like pretty...

• so get implants?

• What is the size of your boyfriend?

• If it was about 8 inches is it bearable for you?

• Yes a point explain.

• thank you that was informative

What Girls Said 13

• You have to try for yourself, if you don't want to do it then yeah, there is no point. But exercise is healthy and improves your mood and depression. Eating right keeps you alive, junk food clogs arteries and kills you. Make up for some boosts confidence.

• That's what I've been wondering my whole life.. I've come to the realization that people want to change the way they are to please society.

Well, I can see why people exercise.. to be healthy.

• I just like it, It makes me feel good.

• For yourself? Why do you have to be the prettiest? Just be you.

• Honestly I hate people who act like they have something to prove. Not out of jealousy or spite but I just want to be around someone who is normal. dress like yourself be yourself it's okay but I just can't rationalize why anyone would ever spend 200 dollars on a bag or sweater unless they were trying to appease someone or prove a point hah

• But than again also I want to be marketable and profitable as an employee and I think that includes looking my best and being on my a game everyday. So yeah at work I'll look good but if I'm just chilling with my friends I'll chill out.

• Because although you may not be better looking than someone else you still are improving your health and how you look

• You feel good for yourself. You enjoy watching you in the mirror. Heck, if you don't love yourself, nobody else will love you.

• You look better, feel better, and attract guys & girls. People like you more all around when you're in good shape, healthy, look good, have a positive attitude, etc..

• To be happy with yourself and boost your confidence

• \ Let's not mock ourselves: Appearance plays a crucial role in our fucking society. We have to look presentable & we have to adapt to certain conditions if we want to survive. That's the way it is. That doesn't mean I agree.

• It's Not About Being The Prettiest Girl It's About Dressing And Feeling Beautiful For Yourself If That Makes Any sense

• I just like the feeling when I look at myself and I like what I see. It's for myself. Not for anyone around me

• So you should only make an effort if you can be perfect? I suppose every human being on the planet would have to, "STOP TRYING" with that type of bull shit logic. Pat yourself on the back, honey.