Does height matter to you in a partner?

girls do you prefer a guy taller than you or the same?
guys do you prefer a shorter girl or the same?
Of course, height is not a must, but preference wise just curious :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't matter to me. It is easier to feel more masculine when the girl is shorter than I am since I am able to cover her entire body when hugging/holding her. Which gives off the sensation of protecting her. A girl taller than I am, it is a bit harder to get such a natural feeling like that, but if I like a girl, I have no problem being with her even if she is 5-6 inches or more taller than I am.

What Guys Said 11

• I am 5'9" so I am not tall but I see very few women taller than me. I had a woman I met online refuse to date me because she is 1" taller than me. I'm sure that she has always been told that the man should be taller than the woman, but that is as silly as saying that you can't wear white shoes before Memorial Day or after Labor Day. I don't care if she's taller as long as she's willing to bend down and kiss me.

• From what I notice, it isn't a big deal for guys whatever her height is. But from what I see height is a deal breaker for girls.

• For me, its not even a preference. She is REQUIRED to be in the range of 5'0-5'8.

• It's only when I stumbled height preferences over the internet is when I actually take notice of height in general. It feels like height 'preferences' are more like height 'requirements' in general. I've have never really experienced any other preferences in mates that was so strong as height.

Anyway, I have no height preferences, she can be 3'11 or 7'8 for all I care.

• I have a preference for girls 5'7 to 5'11 , I'm 6'3 and don't want to bend down on so many occasions. I can barely understand my mom who's 5'3 when she walks beside me...

• short girls aren't that bad :'(

• And it may sound strange since I'm only 19, when I'd date a girl, I'd have potential children in my mind and I don't want them to be short. It's like an instinct.

• No i don't care if a girls taller than me or shorter than me makes no difference to me

• I'd prefer a girl that was at least a bit shorter than me. If I was taller than her when she wore heels it would be perfect.. :)

• it doest really matter but I can't be with a hobbit when Im such a tall guy.

• I prefer girls that are either really short or really tall.

I'm weird that way.

• I like short ladies. Around 5' to 5'.6.

• Yeah, I like petite girls.

What Girls Said 12

• sort of, but it's not a priority. id just like him taller than 5'3". 5'8"- 6'2" would be nice. not picky tho. I'm not gonna take out a tape measure.

• I mean Im like stuck at 4'11 so almost any guy is like tall but I guess every girl wants to feel protected that why they like really tall guys although sometimes i think so too
    (It would be helpful for me so I wouldn't have to try reaching stuff) its not necessary. I could go for a short guy too especially because i know the struggle. If you have a nice hair smile & personality were good

• It doesn't matter actually. I'm a very small girl so guys are always taller, but I seem to attract HUGE guys. But I wouldn't mind a short guy. :)

• Preferably I'd like a guy just a little taller than me. Like not towering over me tall but just an inch or two. That's just preferably, though, so in other words I don't really care.

• I prefer guys that are taller than me but it's not a deal breaker if he's my height because I'm above average for a girl (5'7) . I guess it's like an instinct or something honestly, because my sister is short like my mum (5'4) and I got (some) tall genes from my dad and I don't want my kids to be short, short kids get teased a lot.

• Height doesn't matter to me at all

• Yes. I prefer guys taller than me. I like tall skinny-fit guys

• I would prefer a guy that's my height or taller
    Then me

• I mean, I would like someone to be taller but it doesn't really matter.

• I'm 5'9" so I would have to date someone about same relative height or taller than me.

• Taller than me or same just because i am tall for my age

• I prefer taller guys 😊 but I don't mind guys that are my height or even shorter than me because I'm pretty tall for a girl 😂