Anonymous? are you that ashamed?

I noticed that 90% of all questions are from people that are Anonymouse, Why is that? Are you that ashamed to reveal yourself when asking a question.

Most Helpful Guy

• Keeping your privacy and being ashamed are different things.
    Nobody wants to be on an intimate level with the whole world.
    Ought to pretty obvious why.

• i agree but not all the questions are on an intimate level.

• Nope... some are just trolls asking stupid questions just to provoke a reaction.
      Besides, people have different boundaries to what's considered intimate or personal stuff - it's highly a subjective definition.

• makes sense guess you can't do anything without a troll there to cause trouble.

What Girls Said 3

• maybe they just don't wanna be judged or are not comfortable with it

• I think of anons as cowards. I never went anon.

• well i can see if your under 17 asking a private or sexual question you would go anon cause of the pervs out there im referring to the adults.

• I really have no idea? Unless you post a pic are we not all anonymous already?

What Guys Said 4

• I scarcely go anon but I do when something I say (which I commonly do) can draw unnecessary & unhealthy debates. I don't want to be plagued by people who are fixated on something while saying irrational stuff on my private messages thus making me report them. That's the only reason I go anon when I do :) nothing about shame :)

• The Onymous are an internet tribe living in the Deep internet, where trolls reside: An Onymous Two Onymous Three Onymous.

• Leaving aside the trolls who are probably about 40% of anon questions, I think maybe 30% do it because of personal nature or fear of rebuke ( I think the Under 18s feel this a lot ) and the remaining 30% just do it out of habit.

• you hit the nail on the head as far as personal nature goes.

• LOL... especially sexual question... they go anon ALWAYS o_O

• but why? help me understand cause im open minded, it dont bother me to ask a sexual question to people i dont know and who dont know me. yes i know there is assholes out there but they can be blocked right.