Has anyone here ever struggled with addiction?

What do you do when you want to relapse?

I don't WANT to, but I want to, if that makes sense. I was addicted to xanax because I have anxiety problems. And right now I'm having very severe anxiety and I know a xanax would take that away, but I'm not going to relapse. But the urge is awful.

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember how shit the comedowns were and how much drugs hindered me from achieving my full potential. Being high feels good but going nowhere in life is shit, that's why I quit in the end, I was ultimately unfulfilled... I don't need to waste another few years to come to the same conclusion.

• Thanks for MHO!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• Nope I avoid things like drugs and alcohol because I feel like I'm the type that would get addicted easily.

I do kind of get addicted to videogames from time to time but I'm not sure if that counts.

I don't know how much free time you have but I've read that boxing/kick boxing (exercise in general) are good natural ways to reduce anxiety.

www.empowher.com/.../kickboxing-and-boxing-improved-my-mental-health

so maybe you could try that :/

• Yes i come from family who struggles with addictions
    my cousin takes xanax and her body got a tolerance to it
    so she takes klonopin, it helps little but still benzos aren't all
    that good i wish i could go completely off of Klonopin myself
    cause i feel sometimes it's not good.. Now i do hear that Catapress
    will help anxiety along with Beta Blockers not only used for
    heart and blood pressure but they help with Anxiety some are
    Tenormin, Inderal , Corgard.. Some anxiety i feel comes from
    being manic at times and not knowing how to handle things
    when i have manic episodes from my Bipolar disorder.

• I was addicted to alcohol and cigarettes at 15 I drunk everyday even when I went to school I suffered from depression and social anxiety I was always quiet and everybody would ignore me. One day when I was 19 I almost died of alcohol poisoning on mothers day and nobody knew where I was but they knew what had happened to me. So I stopped drinking and smoking. Before I try to drink or smoke I would ask myself do I really need it?

• Identify the root cause of the anxiety then find practical solutions to eliminate or reduce the anxiety. Consider it personal growth.

• noooooooooooooo

What Girls Said 2

• I try to indulge in other things I enjoy, go for a run. The hormones released during excercise make you feel good and can battle the urge. Try to go out with friends, family, anyone who can help keep your mind off it. It's easier to indulge in other and better things.

But you're never alone, so don't feel like you are👍🏻we got your back

• Well right now I'm sick and can't stop puking. Which gives me anxiety. And my family doesn't understand. At all.

• I was addicted to shopping for a long time now i kicked it