Should I read it or not?

I have to read 'To Kill A Mockingbird' for school, but it's a bit too long and it took me an hour to read 25 pages. I've been trying to decide for more than 30 minutes. Keep in mind that I have to read it because I'll have to do an essay on it.
Also.. Don't spoil it if you've read it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't be lazy. No one likes lazy people.

• But it takes me too long to read 25 pages

• As a minor, School is your job. It wouldn't be such a hard book if you read it, that's the whole point of reading it. Summer assignments are primers for the course you are going to be taking next year, it only gets harder from there.

• ... I'll try to read it if I can. This is helpful, thanks

(This opinion)

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 13

• Do your teachers know you're reading at that speed? I don't want to do anything to make you feel bad because everyone's brain is different and that's okay but with that book it should be like 25 pages in 10 minutes.

If it's too much of a hassle for you maybe you can get the audiobook? Then you can listen to it while you do math or something.

Seriously though you should def talk to your parents and teachers about your speed.

• Not really. Because my whole class reads at the same page. The teacher calculated that it takes about 4 minutes for the average 9th grader to read a page of a classic novel.

So I'm not that slow. Keep in mind that I'm not American so it's kind of hard to understand when the whole book is talking with a "howdy do" accent

• Reads at the same pace*

• Ohhhhhh!!! Okay my apologies then!! I'm sorry for not catching that sooner. Well now I am even more impressed by your awesomeness!!!

• They are still pushing that book in school. I read that when I was your age. As for the question if you have to do a report on it you best read it.

• You should read it because it is a good book! If you choose not to read it there are pretty good summaries online. Also if you choose not to read it listen very carefully in the class discussions of the book.

• read the Cliffnotes version if you're lazy

buy i recommend you read the whole thing. it's a good book.

• Just read it. It's a really good book. Plus, it's for school & I'm sure that essay is a big part of your grade.

• Try to read it. Depending on the due date try reading a certain time a day. Maybe, 2 hours worth a day.

• Yes. You need to do your school work.

• Read it, it is worth it I promise.

• Try spark notes.

• Don't read it. It's a waste of time.

• You should keep reading it. It's interesting

• Great book. Worth the read.

• Are you a freshman?

• I'll be in grade 10 in less than a month

• wth, have you not ever been to school before? I don't mean to sound rude, I'm sorry. Were you homeschooled?

• I am a foreign student so my school is different. I was just clarifying what you meant by this year.