Is listening to the same song repeatedly a sign of depression?

for the people who think that i like the song... your wrong... i only listen to it because it reflects my life. and i guess its a dark kind of song. but im confused... I don't know if im deppressed or not or if its a symptom of deppression?

Most Helpful Girl

• It isn't a classic sign of depression. Maybe you are just feeling at a low time in your life right now, and reflecting on your life to help put things into perspective. To be honest , it can be a release listening to songs you can relate to, as we all need space on our own to think about our past. It can be likened to a sort of therapy. I do this whenever i feel down, it helps me to release tention.

As long as it doesn't put you in a constant depressive mood or causes you to dwell on things for weeks , then i'd say it is okay to do.

What Guys Said 10

• Not really, when i work out i sometimes listen to the same songs more than x3 times.

Some songs are good for motivation, others for relaxation. It doesn't mean that you're drepressed. But then again it also depends on what song you're listening to.

• Lol when I like a song I listen to it again and again until i don't like it anymore. But I don't think that I'm depressed.

• not at all... u may like it VEEEEEERY much :-)

• If it is a sad song maybe

• Not at all... It's like eating your favorite food or sex. It feels good, so you do it over and over.

• No i don't think so i listen to my favorite songs many times a day...
    But is it a sad song you are listening to?

• Either depression, or you really like the song.

• no just means you like it,

• No, duhhhh

• Yes. I do that almost every time when I feel lonely and depressed

What Girls Said 7

• LOL. i hope not... here's a nice song :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsp_8Lm1eSk

• ahaha no your not depressed you probably just really like it or maybe the lyrics remind you of something, that's usually when i start to repeatedly listen to a song

• No, it means you like the song
    Maybe 😓

• Not really, if you like the song.

• I listened to the same song for biggillion times and yes I'm a depressed person but it might just be a coincidence

• no. it could mean you just like the song

• Depends. How does it make you feel?

Think about it, why do we EVER listen to any song more than once? (Or watch a movie again for that matter)

"Because we like it. That's why!" But think about why we like it... We like it because of if it makes us feel.

• Can't type. We like it because of how it makes us feel.