Girls, shaving or cream hair removal and why?

Which gives you a smoother skin? And don't have bumps?

I'm currently trying to wax, but I get a million of little injuries from it. So painful. And sometimzs the wax get stuck on my skin.

17

Most Helpful Girl

• I really don't know how all these girls wax. I mean, you can't wax with stubble right?
    Anyways, I shave because hair removal cream doesn't take every hair often and it takes a long time and waxing doesn't work with me because my hair is too short and soft. It never get much longer than little longer than stubble.

What Girls Said 16

• I'm lucky in that I don't get bumps or whatever. I just shave in the shower with soap. I'd never wax, I'm allergic to pain lol.

• I've never tried cream hair removal. It is unreliable. It can give you rashes, allergies and it doesn't work for all types of hair. Waxing or plucking gives you the smoothest result, but it's such a tedious process and you have to let the hair grow out a few millimetres for it to work.

• I get itchy for hair removal cream so I don't use it, just shave

• The hair removal cream will probably minimize your ingrown hairs but it really depends on your skin type.

• I wax..
    But if I can't wax, I choose hair removal creams. They're just easier to me

• Why can't you wax?

• Well, I don't. But it depends on your skin type. I remember getting a skin rash from it many years ago but now I don't at all.

• I see. Thanks a lot.

• I honestly wouldn't shave, maybe trim. If you shave it leaves your vagina more prone to infections.

• Waxing is the best option but it can be expensive and it hurts lol

Shaving sucks in my opinion cause it leaves bumps and the hair grows back the next day.

I tried hair removal cream once on my leg when I was like 12 and it smelled awful I can't remember how well it worked

• Waxing gives the smoothest skin ever. I started waxing my bikini to get rid off the bumbs and now I've ended up waxing half of my legs (the rest I shave) , my armpits as well as my bikini...

• @aleera I'm currently trying to wax but I get a million of little injuries everytime I ripe off the strip :( The wax was even stuck on my pubis last night. Its a nightmare. I tried with 3 different wax already, but nothing. So I would like to know another option for great skin, please.

• As macncheese said waxing down there is done firstly by a professional and after you've mastered the procedure you do it yourself. Now I wouldn't recommend creams, but i would recommend getting a good quality shaving gel and a very good razor!! That would make shaving a lot better.

• Thank you!

• I just learned how to fix razor bumps! I always shave first of all, but not every day. I exfoliate with baking soda before I shave, then I use shaving cream. In the areas where you get razor bumps, you have to shave WITH the grain - trust me, it works! Then I exfoliate with more baking soda after, and moisturize after I get out of the shower with something like aloe.

• cream hair removal really doesn't work for me. it irritated my skin and worked horribly. shaving works for me a lot better

• well cream hair removal takes aggessss so I wouldn't do it

• Shave using eos shaving cream (EOS Pomegranate Raspberry Shave Cream - 7 oz) is what I use, it makes your legs super smooth and doesn't irritate your skin at all.

• Waxing makes the skin smoother and makes the hair grow slower.

• cream hair is better but one f the side effects is cancer so go with shaving

• I use Nair, it has aloe in there so my skin stays smoother longer. When I shaved, I'd get prickly so quickly -_-

• I use hair removal cream. I don't get what all the hate on it is for. If you get the right kind, it's less work, doesn't leave you smelling weird, and leaves your skin soft. It only takes about eight minutes. You put it on (thickly), set a timer, wash your hands thoroughly, when the time is up, you get in the shower and rinse and take it off with a washcloth. It feels way better than shaving. Probably not as good as waxing, but the hair doesn't grow back thicker and faster each time like it does with shaving. Some may hurt or give you a rash, so try it on a small area on your wrist to make sure it doesn't hurt. Generally, my skin doesn't burn or hurt after and if done right, gets all the hair off.

• Do you do the bikini area too?

• Yes I do. I have very sensitive skin so I'm surprised I can but as long as you don't leave it on too long and you already know it won't burn, it should be fine.