Can you believe My girlfriend dumped me because of this?

I was hanging out with my girlfriend of half a year and my friend and she went out for a second to talk to her sister. My friend asked me randomly if I thought this chick in our science class was hot and I said "I'd fuck her so hard" and he said "have you fantasized about her" and I said "ive thought about fucking her and imagined her naked " and he said "i can't find her on Facebook or Twitter or anything. I kinda want her number" and I was like "I kinda want her babies"

my girlfriend heard the entire conversation and she confronted me about it after my friend left and broke up with me.

If it this happend to you would you break up with your boyfriend?

• I'd dump him
  • I wouldn't dump him

Most Helpful Girl

• It's one thing to be attracted to other people. Your girlfriend might not LIKE it, and probably doesn't want to hear about it, but she should be able to understand it. But you laid out a fantasy life with this other girl. It's not just "I want her babies", which is about the future, but could be taken a joke. You mentioned not finding her online, which means you were looking, which means you were putting in time and effort, even if it was minimal. All of that already implies that you were with your girlfriend just 'cause you couldn't be with the other girl -and having that conversation while she was present and could overhear probably meant that she took it as you not caring at all about her.

• Excellent point.

• 1. MY FRIEND said he couldn't find her online. NOT me. I never looked for her online.
      2. My friend started asking me about it. As you can see if you read what I wrote
      3. I said she was outside so I was 99% sure she wouldn't hear but apparently she did. I would never have said it if I knew she was there.

• 1. I'm sorry for misreading what you said, but I still think the overall point stands. If I heard my boyfriend say he'd 'fuck another girl so hard', I'd be mad at him, but I wouldn't end things just over that. If I heard him give an actual answer when asked about fantasizing about someone else, I probably would. If I heard him say he wanted to have her babies, I'd end things right there.
      2. You didn't have to answer the question at all, and you could have deflected or given a non-answer. When he asked about fantasizing about her, even more so.
      3. What would you have said if you'd known she could hear you?

What Girls Said 10

• If we had only been together for half a year doesn't sound worth it. It is one thing to say she is hot it is totally out of line to say what you said.

• Half a year is a long time for high school relationships

• Why do you think I'm that attracted to her? I called her ugly after my girlfriend asked me about it but she didn't believe me. She thinks I have a crush on her lmfao

• Because you are a lying idiot. You only said she was ugly because your girlfriend caught you. It sounds like you are extremely sexually attracted to her. There is nothing wrong with having crushes on people when you are in a relationship. It is wrong to say what you said whether you thought you were only talking to your friend or not. Everything you said implies you think the chick is hot as fuck

• i agree why she dumped you!

• I'd dump him, that's disrespectful.

• i just don't understand why would u talk something like that in public confidently, of course she'll mad! I'll slap my boyfriend if he did this to me

• I said it privately when I thought she wasn't around.

• it's disrespectful. you're still a young man, take it as a lesson, never ever says something like that when you have a girlfriend, eventhough you're kidding

• that's rude esp the way you said it

• I didn't know she was there or I wouldn't have said that

• She did the right thing, I understand her

• I was kidding jeez girls can't take a joke.

• Yeah cuz u sound like a dick

• Very extreme of her if she was joking?

• You would be in so much trouble.

• I'm one hell of a jealous girlfriend so yeah I would

• I was kidding about the babies part.

• Whether you're serious or not and whether your girlfriend is there or isn't there you shouldn't have said that. That's disrespectful.

What Guys Said 5

• Buddy, you're a fucking idiot!

• I wouldn't have said it if she was there.

• "I kinda want her babies"<--- this would b da reason i voted "A" :S

• Well id expect to get dumped if I said that so yeah I would say she done the right thing.

• Wow! You're a dumbass

• That's what you get for thinking with your dick.
    No chick wants to hear that shit, man.
    You disrespected your girlfriend and got what you deserved.

• I was just joking around.

• What hot obtainable guy?

• Any, hence the word 'imagine'.