Guys, would you try a labor pain simulator?

So some guys i assume think that labor pain isn't that bad. So what if you were that guy and tried out a "labor pain simulator"? This shows you the WHOLE works and the pain that us women endure. So if you were this guy or just a curious one would you try it? here's a video of some men trying it out.

• yeah i'll try it
    20% (12)
  • hell to the no never!
    39% (23)
  • i'm up for an adventure, bring it on!
    17% (10)
  • maybe it depends
    12% (7)
  • i tried it before (how was it?)
    2% (1)
  • other opinion [comment]
    10% (6)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

29

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I think it would be quite a fun and interesting adventure to try this. Unfortunately, I have no idea WHERE I could try it. The only thing I'd be a little worried about is the part about pooping yourself.
    However, I also wonder who realistic this pain simulator really is. First of all, not all women experience childbirth the same. My mom told me that the birth of my sister was very easy. My parents just went to the hospital and it took 10-20 minutes and my sister was already born. But also, I've in a scientific magazine that men and women actually experience pain quite differently. Women's bodies are - specifically because of childbirth - made to endure pain that is not extremely bad in intensity but goes on for a long time (several hours). Men's bodies on the other hand are for evolutionary reasons (men would have to go hunting and fighting and got easily hurt back in the days) made to endure pain that is higher in intensity but doesn't go on for so long (like being cut open with sword). I've seen experiments on tv where guys and girls had to put their hands in ice cold or extremely hot water and keep it in there as long as they could. The men usually won because it was about bearing a very bad pain for a short moment. On the other hand, women will always be tougher when it comes to childbirth (or simulating it) then men. Our bodies are simply not made to enduring this type of pain. But kudos to all women who go through this nonetheless.

What Guys Said 28

• I have always thought childbirth must be extremely hard to go through it and had my doubts whether a man could do it.

• i wouldn't trust that it was safe, to be honest. I think of telling a cripple they can experience walking by sticking spikes through their feet and moving them around like a puppet. Guys' bodies aren't equipped to go through labor - literally. Seems weird to subject yourself to damage that is possibly permanent, just to give someone else the chance to say "I told you so."

• The thing is, all women experience it differently. Some do really feel very little to no pain during labor while others feel intense pain. You shouldn't just generalize every women who has ever given birth. This experiment would only represent the people who felt a lot of pain. It does not represent what ALL women go through during childbirth.

• I think its fair if I want my future wife to have kids, cause I do want children in the future. I think its fair so I can have a more clear understanding of what she goes through. I also think its fair because I can't truly just expect her to want to have kids with me, especially if she's had her own and thinks it hurts to much. I'll try it be a fair husband to her and be able to say, "I know how you feel baby, let me help you."

• Would you try a "kicked in the balls" simulator? :)

• No because:
    1) Why willingly bring yourself in pain? No offence, of course it's hard and painful for a woman to give childbirth, but a guy doesn't need to endure this for whatever reason. Yes, it's unfair, but if it wouldn't be this painful, would you want to feel the same way a guy feels when kicked in the balls, for fun? I don't think so.
    2) It's excruciatingly painful for women, but it's even worse for a guy to feel the same pain. Females are built for giving birth and thus have hormones or something that at least make it a little more bearable. I know that sounds absurd considering how painful it already is, but technically it'd be even worse for a guy.

• judgin by guy's expression... hel no :S

• I'd do it and out of stubbornness alone refuse to admit that it's that bad.

• I think it's funny when women talk about their "labor pains". As soon as they arrive at the hospital they get shot up with every pain killer in the book and get an epidural that numbs them from the chest down, they don't feel any pain, but they want people to feel sorry for them so they keep up the act... Don't give me that crap!

• Yeah but natural births are on the rise.

• That's true, I saw this tv special where a chick was all about a natural birth, literally until the first labor pain hit and then to her husband she was like: "GIVE ME THE FUCKING DRUGS YOU TINY PRICKED COCK SUCKER!!!" :-D

• Every time I go to a Chinese buffet

• yeh if you try a getting kicked in the balls simulator

• No I don't want to try that it's just unecessary pain...

• Dafuq did i just watch...
    Why... Why would I try something known to be painful? I am not a masochist !

Would you try getting hit between your legs 'for fun" ?
    Seriously what kind of question is this? O. o

• "B"... sorry. Women have their pains and men have theirs... let's just leave it at that :)

• Females have a higher pain tolerance (even though they express it more than males) so I don't see the point. It's not a simulator because you cannot simulate having a vagina. Well okay, maybe in Thailand you can. :P

• I have no reason to inflict that pain upon myself, so naa.

• Naw, I just eat at a dicey taco stand if I want that experience.

• No f***ing way! I am always greatful that I wasn't born a female only because I don't want to know what that feels like and go through that pain. I feel really bad for you girls

• I'd just do it to test myself. I'm pretty competitive

• I would only if a girl was intimate with persuaded me to.

• LMFAO wtf no

• Yeah I'd do it, to prove that men can take as much pain as women can.

• hell no I would not

• Nah, I could care less about it. Also, it seems kind of weird.

• Already been told by a doctor I have, had a kidney stone impacting my kidney from emptying.

• During labor, women are full of hormones that act as painkillers. If I got enough painkillers to simulate that effect, I'd do it, because only then it would be scientifically accurate. Otherwise it's just some feminist bullshit idea to torture men and guilt-trip children.

• when my fiancee has our first child i will do it to be in support of eachother