Parents trying to make me go to white people school?

I went to go register yesterday and it's nothing but white people. I'm not racist, it's just that I'm not comfortable being around white people. They're really mean and I know since I'm the only black person they're going to be racist to me. What do I do? I will DIE if I have to go there.

Most Helpful Guy

• We have like, 3 black kids in our school and they are fairly outgoing kids. They have friends and are respected. I wouldn't discredit a school just because you THINK they are going to hate on you. It also seems weird to me that your school has NO black people, maybe they have some but just very few.

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. We are living in a fairly respectable day and age, and if you end up hating the school, then move. I think you have a good chance of enjoy the school if you try to look past the race issue.

What Guys Said 6

• So do you think there should be separate schools that are called "black people schools"? That's the way things used to be in the United States. Your viewpoint on this is interesting to me.

• Actually, you don't know that they are going to be racist toward you (that thought is actually being racist toward them, by the way). Now, I'm not saying that isn't a possibility either--some white people suck, others are really nice.

I think it will be good for you. Learn to deal with the discomfort, it will make you stronger, and it will help you overcome your apprehension of white people (plus, sadly, the school will probably be better, so you'll get a stronger education).

• do they have any rep bout being racists? in school i mean :-)

• Explain how you feel to your parents, if they don't understand or care, you're basically screwed. It will help you be a stronger person...

• Don't worry about it. The reverse happened to me at a camp. I felt uncomfortable around the other race but I went and within a week I was friends with everyone. I'm sure the same will happen to u.

• just dont do it trust me ur parents are stupid

What Girls Said 4

• I highly doubt they'll make fun of you. Yes, some of them may poke fun, but I don't think the entire school will turn against you. There used to be only one black girl in my school (another one moved here this year) and she is really nice and everyone actually really likes her. My friend used to be the only Asian girl in the entire elementary and no one really cared where she was from. My brother is now the only Asian kid in the entire elementary and he's pretty much living a normal life. Well, then again that is elementary. Anyways just be nice to people and if anyone pokes fun at you just tell them they're being racist and tell one of your teachers or your parents.

• Listen im sure your parents want You in a good School for good √©ducation, and it probly is a good school... so try to chill... as for the white kids go, some Will be mean and some Will be very nice but again they may bully You anyways not for being black is the reason always iit won't always be That.

• Not every white person is like that. I suggest trying it and being friendly. If it doesn't work out tell your parents.

• :( I don't really know since I'm not white.
    But I don't think they're so bad