Should I call the doctor to do a blood test?

at 24 days late I took a pregnancy test which came out negative. Now I am 31+ days late... A piss stick isn't doing anything for me so should I go to a doctor and get a blood test done?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay stupid question, but must be asked: Did you have unprotected sex 44 days ago or around that time? If you did not, then your test is correct and you are experiencing irregular periods. However, if you want to get the bloodwork done, do it now before much more time goes by if your possible option is to have an abortion. You shouldn't let this wait.

If you can truly experience the first five weeks of pregnancy, then you'll know if what is going on is simply stress preventing your period. Check the symptoms here:
    www.pregnancycorner.com/.../4-weeks-pregnant.html

I am going to say that irregular periods before you give birth to a baby are very, very common! I had my periods months apart all throughout my teens and 20s. They eventually mellowed out to each month or two as I got closer to my sexual peak. When I started to fear pregnancy, my body stressed without me really realizing it, actually preventing my period.

If you have taken more than one at-home-kit test and they turn out negative, the chances are that you have nothing to worry about. When you start to relax and not give it a thought anymore, your body will produce your period.

What Guys Said 4

• Some women do naturally skip their periods from time to time.

• That way you'll be certain.

• y not? by callin him i guess u have nothing 2 lose :-)

• Yeah i would call the doctor to get blood test for pregnancy
    just so your mind is put at ease,

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, you should!

• Yep. Call and they will order. It will even tell you how many weeks you are depending on how much hormone is in your system. Good luck

• I'd go to the doctor and get a blood test done. It took several pregnancy tests for my mum when she was pregnant. She knew herself but the doctor could never get anything until he done blood tests.

• yes, have an exam too.

• Doctor Who?