Do you think I might get fired?

I've been working at a new place for a little over two weeks. I do my job well. But I've already had to call out of work three times! I've managed to get sick twice in the past 2 weeks. If I could go in I would. I really would. But I threw up about 5 times today and am having to run to the bathroom to have diarrhea every other hour. I feel like shit.

My boss was a little annoyed when I told her this morning that I'm sick but she said its okay and to come back when I'm well. Well she called me just now saying "you HAVE to feel better tomorrow because we are understaffed and we need you." I probably won't be able to go.

people call out a lot at that place and one woman is even a no show sometimes but the thing is I'm still new and more replaceable I guess. This is really stressing me out and it isn't helping my stomach.

Do you think I'd get fired over this?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you had been working there a while and had a reputation for being on time you would not have a problem with your current situation. But being there only two weeks and calling out twice is not looking good. Looks like you are just skipping work, or that your "sickness" is due to something like being drunk the night before.

So, recommendation for right now: The Bratt Diet. It may be your best chance to get in there tomorrow. If you have a bug that fights you too hard, it may not work, but try it since it usually does. See it at familydoctor.org/.../...from-an-upset-stomach.html My wife, who was a nurse and knew about these things, swore by it. Start right now!

• Yeah I've been eating bland foods. I had Some bread. But it comes right back out. Sigh.

• Okay. thank you. I'll make some rice for dinner.

• You should be good to go in the morning, barring any further setbacks. Good luck!

What Guys Said 9

• It is possable that they would let you go if you don't show up tomorrow or if you call out. Most places have a 90 day probationary period where they really don't have to have much reason to terminate your employment

• Sadly it is possible to get fired over that. It's all about the money in business. Best to just go. If you have to throw up just do it on the work floor :)

• You would think they'd rather be understaffed one day rather than having an employee throwing up left and right but huh.

• Guess I'll take some imodium and try.

• Best of luck :)

• Unfortunately, it's a realistic possibility. Try going in one day when you are sick and make a point of showing that you are trying to be a trooper and not miss too much work; also, when you are at work, make sure to show that you are willing and able to go above and beyond.

Outside of that, you may want to be keeping an eye out for other jobs, because you have started off pretty rocky.

• You're the new one? Start looking for another job.

• if it happens often... then they might assume u r avoidin this work... so yeah, i'm afraid :-)

• My boss seems to believe me. They know I'm dedicated. I walked to work for the first week because my car was in the shop and they know that.

• Yes of course you might, especially if you're still new.

• I'm stressed as hell now.

• The world only care about what it can get from you. Sorry m8. The customer is stressed because of lack of staff to serve them, and the boss is stress because of it. And now you are stress because boss might fire you.

Everybody need something from each other.

• What pisses me off though is that a girl who has only been here a month was a no show and I had to pick up all her slack the other day and she wasn't even reprimanded as far as I know.

• if they fire you and you are genuinely sick you could sue them

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif It is possable that they would let you go

• yes i'm so sorrrrrry :(((((((((((((

What Girls Said 3

• If you continue to be absence there is a possibility they wld let you go. Especially as a newbie one is expected to be seen often. Sorry to stress you out but this is the hard fact. Please rest well for now

• Your more easily replaceable yes hope you feel better

• Don't stress just do exceptional work when you come back

• Do you think maybe I should offer to come in on my next day off?

• Definitely so it makes up for those extra sick days