If life is short, why we do so many things we don't like, and like so many things we don't do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because that's life these days.. Man, I see in GaG the strongest and smartest men and women who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off!
    lmao

What Girls Said 2

• Because better safe then sorry

• So many reasons. I like anon's answer.

What Guys Said 2

• coz dat's how our brain works :-P

• Because if we only do the things we want to do, our life will be even shorter than it already is.

Life being short is relative though, compared to a fly we live for eternity