How to calculate the Golden Ratio of your face?

I want to do it myself, not with an online calculator where you have to upload your photo, like Anaface. How can I use a ruler and do the measurements myself?

Most Helpful Girl

• Anaface and beauty in general is apparently all due to symmetry. The more symmetrical your face is, with no out of proportion features, the prettier you are apparently.
    I just did it on Anaface and got 8.83 out of 10 :O Mr Bean gets 9.68 though, haha. It's so flawed! I don't know how you can measure your face for this but what's the point?

• I know right? I got that same score as you did. And seriously, Brad Pitt only got a 7!!! It's totally flawed, right?

• I don't know, I don't think many people care for this kind of thing.

• lol true. Thanks for the help!

What Guys Said 4

• wot's dat actually? is this an app?

• No, the Golden Ratio is 1.62, and you can find all the measurements of the distances between your facial features and then divide them to get a number. The closer the number is to 1.62, the more beautiful you are.

• i could help if i knew bout it... :-(

• Okay never mind.

• Well, I have no idea...

• Do you know what Golden Ratio is?

• Probably I heard about it, but in my own language... I'll search.

• Okay thanks. Tell me when you find out what it is.

• For any rectangular shape, measure the two side lengths and divide them. The golden ratio is (1 + sqrt (5))/2 or about 1.62

• I meant for my face, not for a rectangular shape.

• Yup, like I was saying, it's just something people made up and it doesn't actually tell you how beautiful someone is.

• Right. Well. thanks for your help!

• That is just extraordinary..

• Really. Well then. Do you have an answer?

• I am too afraid to find out how ugly I am.

• Hm... have you tried it?

What Girls Said 4

• This website has a do it your self thing on it. facethis.blogspot.com/.../...den-ratio-beauty.html

• I did it and I got this:

1.33
      1.75
      1.5
      1.3
      1.3
      1.125
      0.5

• Oh okay lol. Well thanks for trying to help.

• Np when in doubt google search :D

• Use a ruler and measure all of the aspects of your face that way. Or, you can use measuring tape. I think that wold be easier. Look in a mirror too

• There is a thing you can find online if you google it. "Golden Ratio Calculator" or something. You upload a picture and put dots on the features of your face.
    Answer mine?
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1491643-does-he-like-me-i-m-so-confused-high-school

• I tried it and I scored an 8.5. I mean, just because a person has perfect symmetry doesn't mean they are beautiful, right? I think a beautiful person doesn't necessarily have perfect symmetry. I was looking at the results and A LOT of people scored an 8 or 9 on symmetry but when I saw their picture, they really aren't too good looking. Plus, not a lot of people are actually an 8 or 9 in this world. That's WAY too many people who are an 8 or 9.

• No no I'm just being fake annoyed because you're being so detailed without being fully detailed in asking people if you're attractive or not. Just let us see your face!

• Nope. Sorry, I don't want to do that! I am really really cautious over the internet and I don't want random people over the internet seeing my picture. Nothing personal!!!

• i dont think you can