Do you consider gardening a feminine or masculine type of hobby?

and do you don gloves when you're gardening? (I don't.. :D )

• Its feminine.
  • its masculine.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like gardening is considered feminine while farming is masculine

What Guys Said 22

• Gardening is neither feminine nor masculine type of hobby, it is creative and happiness hobby that has deep relation with reproduction science. In Gardening you are producing plants, flowers, fruits and many things just like producing babies with care - It is a real sexy hobby. It also improve your sex pleasure and satisfaction.

• I have kept roses before. Tell me that is feminine! Those things are a pain in the ass and require a mess of work not to mention the thorns... sweet Jesus the thorns they are everywhere when you have to prune a rose bush. I have chopped down trees and felt those were less work than a rose bush.

In other words gardening can be pretty hardcore but I cannot put a gender on it.

• Neither, if you like it you like it, period. Women are usually the ones more involved in gardening, but that doesn't mean it's a feminine hobby. Is cooking a feminine hobby too? No, it just happens that women are the ones that usually get into gardening, at least more than men.

• It's gender neutral.

• nothing among those 2... y should it be 1 way or another? :-)

• It can be either

• Neither. Its fun, good work

• My dad is quite masculine but loves gardening. He really loves his roses. I help him take care of it and I also really like roses.

• that's cool! I really admire men doing gardening and farming also..
      Roses are fabulous! what color? :)

• All of the colors! We both prefer white ones, though.

• nice :D

• neither one, gardening is for both male and female my father has a vegetable garden and my mother has a flower garden and they both wear gloves and i do both flowers and vegetables so why does it have to be feminine or masculine. that's really an insult.
    gardening is a hobby for anyone who wants to try it but not everyone has a green thumb.

• I'm just asking if you consider it.. If you don't, then fine.. to each their own..
      I don't get the point why its considered insulting though.. But, oh well.. thanks for your opinion..

• only in other country's not in America.

• I think it's awesome when a girl is into gardening

• I've been gardening since I was about 3 years old. I will be doing it when I'm 90. I hope I find a girl that likes to get her hands dirty...

• wow! thats so cool! anyways, I'm here! lol just kidding.. I hope you'll find her.. :)

• Why should it be one or the other when if a guy and a girl both enjoy it. Why not do it together. It's pretty gender neutral

• No gloves. I plant a vegetable garden

• nice! :D what veggies do you have?

• it makes it more tastier and healthier :D its part of the recipe when i cook squash :)

• That would be like classifying activities like drinking water.

• What, NO gloves? What is this, extreme gardening?

• Neither. Though It's kind of an old person hobby, nothing wrong with it though.

• i like diggin the holes. masculine hole diggin !

• I garden... I love growing just about anything

• Neither, it's gender neutral. Besides, I don't believe in gender roles.

• Gardening is feminine, landscaping is masculine.

• I would say it is gender neutral although if I had to pick out of your options, I would pick masculine. The reason is because women tend to have more freedom to step outside their gender norms than guys do. As a result anything men can openly engage in tends to be viewed as masculine by default. Meanwhile there are many activities that are seen as unmanly. In other words gender neutral activities, and masculine activities tend to be seen as one and the same such as wearing jeans or watching sports. Feminine activities are more commonly seen as exclusively feminine, are things such as wearing dresses or getting a manicure.

• I just started my first garden this year. I haven't worn gloves yet, but depending on what I decide to grow that might change.

• It was originally a womans job, as the man would hunt, but, I think now that men do both, it's sort of the job of both. In fact, my dad does most of the gardening here (has grown basil, very tall sunflowers and other things)

• Yes. same thought here.. lol and thats what I observed too.. :)
      Sunflowers are lovely 👍🌻😄

What Girls Said 10

• It's a bit feminine.

• I don't really consider it either, but it's a cool thing to have in common. I wear gloves sometimes, but they have to fit well and allow me some dexterity. Wearing stiff gloves feels awful lol.

• I agree! :)
      well, there you go! heheh
      I tried wearing once and I didn't like it.. its better to feel the soil.. lol

• Yeah :) I just have long-ish nails, so I don't like getting dirt and stuff under them lol. '^^

• Personally I think it's both.

• Neither its for everyone because gardening is awesome

• Its unisex.

• I love to do gardening and my ex was right out there with me doing it to.

• It can go either way guys can garden and so can girls.

• BOTH. -- --- ---

• 0|0
  • If you're gardening flowers.. Then women. If you're gardening food.. Then men (farmers).