I'm 20 and still get scared when I have to sleep alone?

I don't cry or anything lol but I do get kinda scared and feel like someone is watching me. Am I crazy? Do you have any tricks to not be so paranoid?

Not sleep alone if there's other people in the house but I mean if there's no one here.

Most Helpful Girl

• You aren't crazy, there are plenty of things to be scared of in this world. But the odds of something terrible happening to you? Not so high.

Watch or read something funny before you go to bed. Drink hot tea. Invest in a door-stopper to keep intruders out, and give you peace of mind. Have a friend over!

What Guys Said 7

• could be from of separation anxiety disorder cause you miss that one person who is there when your about to go to sleep

• Sounds like an slight anxiety disorder. If it makes you feel better I am still a little scared of the dark.

• I have an anxiety disorder so I guess it could be linked to that. I'm not really scared of the dark, more of people coming in and I dunno doing something to me. Maybe I watch a little too much criminal minds.

• I'm taking Zoloft at the moment

• Zoloft isn't bad but if it isn't helping the anxiety like it should then it may be time to move on to something else. But that is talk for your doctor lol

• Turn the TV on low volume, maybe playing your favourite show. It will seem like there's people there with you. Sleep with your favourite stuffed animal. Use visualization to imagine yourself in a nice place.

• Het one of those really long pillows and hold that when u go to bed

• I'm 27 and I still have that. I just scare myself easily I can't really help it.

• Think of ma HAWT body next to you baby 👄

I will be your protection 💘

• But are not you afraid that the people "sleeping" in your room/house is actually not sleeping and is secretly watching you?
    p.gr-assets.com/.../8015145.gif

• ... nope.

• Ok, I was just kidding. It is sort of strange, I think.

What Girls Said 6

• I feel like that sometimes. I just try and think positively and or I just browse Facebook or something on my phone till I fall back to sleep. It usually helps to distract my mind. I also will not watch anything scary if I'm alone. I think I just have a wild imagination.

• It's a bit strange, but you're not crazy.

• Not sleep alone if there's other people in the house but I mean if there's no one here.

• You have a night light that can help you sleep better?

• We have one in the bathroom :) I could put it in my room thanks

• Same here!

• Makes me feel less alone :)

• Im 18 an I'm not. Lol don't worry you will get better

• I get scared too to be perfectl honest

• Makes me feel less alone