Is it possible to adopt a child (8 or 9 year old) at the age of 18?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• It's possible but incredibly unlikely. You'd have to have a good career to support the kid and the adoption agencies would just not believe you mature enough to adopt a kid. Especially when they'd already be half your age.

• So... If I have a lot of money from my parents but have a shitty job (like a school teacher for example) then no chance?

• Well if you make enough and have health insurance for the kid and live in an area that isn't gonna cause any bad influence for him it probably won't have anything to do with your finances. Your biggest hump to get over is the fact that you'll be an incredibly young person trying to get a kid. Call it ageism but it will be something that they will be worried about.

• I think 18+ is adult age.. If you can prove that you will provide suitable enviorment required for a kid, I guess they will allow you.
    And that suitable enablement conditions are different in difrrent countries. Check it out that you pass eligibility or not.

• Unlikely. And I wouldn't recommend it as you're still basically a child yourself. Why not have fun and see the world for 5-10 years first?

• Why? Are you willing to do that?

• No it isn't

• Depends what country you are in but I reckon highly unlikely

• I'll be traveling... Like next year i'll be in Dubai, then America, Italy, France, Canada, Brazil, Sweden... It's a long list.. I'll be a traveler for the rest of my life..
      That's not good, is it?

• They probably wouldn't approve you

• Why not? I wanna adopt a kid when i'm 18... Is that so wrong?

• It isn't wrong. I'm just saying they probably won't approve you, they are strict. I know a couple that wanted to adopt but they didn't make enougn money or live in a nicer area or something to that effect. They are more strict in selecting families to choose adoptions than you might think.

• When the adoptionion committee evaluatez your living conditions they look for able parents with a steady income and a means to provide and support a child. So I mean if u have those things at 18 it's possible.

• And if I not married? Then no?

• I want to adopt a child because.. I never had a good childhood life and it's not like i'm gonna get married ever.. I just want to make a kid happy... That's all..

• You should explore life a little before you adopt. You can always adopt later. But the early twenties are the only time you really have to be free and independent, you should take the time to discover yourself.

• I don't know about that I think they do allow it though in most states I don't know the age though.

• Its hard for well established, successful to people adopt... So good luck

What Girls Said 6

• it's possible, just EXTREMELY hard to do

• I think you can, it's the legal age here.

• The process of adoption is super complicated. It takes a while to get approbation...

• I don't know that would be hard I think

• I think you have to be older, be financially stable and all that good shit

• yes, it is.