Girls, what kinds of things should I talk about on a first date?

Ok so we're going bowling at this arcade type place, also there are other things to do like mini golf. etc. It seems I have trouble asking things about the girl and blank out while on the date. I want to avoid talking about myself too much and let her ask about me. etc.

It was an epic failure... Just to update, she tells me two hours before the date that she's moving 2hrs away and won't be able to make the time we set so we agreed to go an hour later. I'm not sure why I didn't just say forget it. That's the second girl who hit me with that bs. She initially said she lived in a city 5 minutes away from me. Looks like I need to ask more questions and get to know a girl better before I try and setup a date with her. What was she looking for if she was moving?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything under the sun! Just go with the flow and talk about whatever comes up naturally. It could lead to anywhere. If you want to avoid talking about you too much, ask her about school, work, family, favorite tv shows/books, first concert, etc. to get the ball rolling.

What Girls Said 5

• Talk about yourselves, hobbies, small talk.

• Keep it light. Ask about her day, congratulate her on a great game of bowling or whatever. Most important: keep the conversation going! If the conversation lags you'll both feel awkward.

• Do NOT talk about sex. Do NOT talk about your ex-girlfriend or wife. Do NOT talk about yourself more than her. The rest is pretty much up for grabs

• Ask about her short term goals and ask what makes her smile the most

• hobbies and interests until you find something you both have in common. music and political views that you both have in common will mean you can discuss them endlessly