Computer Whiz anyone? Anyone know anything about SpyWare remote desktop access software apart from TeamViewer?

Hey everyone,

To cut a long story short, basically my ex is a computer whiz and a fraudster (not good). He installed remote desktop access program on his female friends lap top and computer a few years back and used to access it from his computer at home and spy on her, change her passwords, screen savers, play music, etc because he's an asshole. I became really good friends with her after I left him and while she was on her bed with her laptop open, a note came up on her laptop from him saying hi what are you doing hahahaha. Anyway, I basically went round to her house and unistalled 'TeamViewer' and also uninstalled it from her other PC. He is still access ing her PC, there is obviously another hidden spyware program and I'm trying to google information on how to find it and uninstall it. It seems to be difficult as I can't get round to her house to try and fix this as I'm 5 weeks away from giving birth. I've tried IT specialists but they don't know anything much at all about spyware and they want to be paid. I'm not sure what to do, any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I could spend lots of time explaining, but it would be a drastic waste of time. Download Malwarebytes and scan. I doubt he is smart enough to encrypt it, so it should detect it. He could see everything you do, so disconnect your internet once you download it. If you have a webcam, that's horrible because he could probably see through it.

• If you have a USB drive, go to another computer and download Malwarebytes. Then plug it in the infected computer. and run it. Make sure, again, to disconnect the internet once you could setup Malwarebytes.

• Thank you

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not really a computer whiz but I'll give it a go. . .

You can look for it in the control panel, if you can't find it there look through all the program files, you might be able to find it running on task manager as well

Screenshots would've been nice. . .

A factory reset would work, that'll get rid of anything more or less

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

oh I almost forgot, disconnect from the internet while you're doing this

Have you tried changing the IP?

• oh, look at me forgetting stuff. . . a firewall would work

• that son of a. . . never mind. I bet this guy thinks he's smart? But he does have to sleep so he can't be watching all the time

Honestly I think the firewall is the best way to go, when he installed the program he probably made an exception in the firewall at the same time, if you find it and disable/remove it things should be fine

• He's smokes ICE so he's pretty much awake all the time

• First of all, this is not what "spyware" means. Spyware has nothing to do with taking over your screen.

Look for something that is called "vnc".

• I would recomend doing a system restore as far as you can you may lose some programs and it may help you if you do this

• Yeah if that's the last resort, she may have to. It's far too complicated to detect spyware, there are too many options.

• There are a lot of different ways of going about it. But mainly, you'll need something that will detect any and all spyware or adware. Prolly have to reformat your computer as well. Let me know if u need any help, have not encountered a computer yet I couldn't fix

• She has Malware and Spyware detection programs but he stops her from scanning them by intervening when she's on the computer.

• As already mentioned by another, when you are trying to scan for malware, disconnect from the internet while you run it. And preferably have it on a separate drive, like a USB drive, so that the program can't be detected and blocked before you use it.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it is best she resets her Operating system again.

• Do you mean reset like back to factory settings like an iphone?

• This is the best advice. She needs to back up her files, save whatever is important, and wipe the computer clean. What an ass. This happened to me a few years ago and the spyware was hidden on a second user profile (I don't know how it worked but it did) my techie friend explained it and took it off. If you don't have a techie friend to come over or remotely do this, then wiping the computer clean is the best option. Not just for the spyware but any other junk sticking to her computer from malware.

• Thank you