The waiting game: pure torture or a non-issue?

Some people hate waiting for things, others don't let it bother them. I'm one of those who hates waiting, but only if it's for something that I actually want. If I have to wait a couple hours to go to a family event then, dude, give me all the time in the world to postpone that shit.

But right now I have to wait approximately 10 hours for the Destiny expansion, and 10+ hours for The Witcher 3. Because everybody and their mother will be downloading TW3 at midnight so it's going to take aaaaggesss.

Those don't seem like too long of waits probably, but they're torture for me. They're kind of nothing compared to something else I've been waiting for, but it still sucks all the same.

• Torture
  • It's whatever, yo.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is your punishment for not buying a hard copy.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 12

• What ev. I'm patient, I can wait for hours. . . minutes. . . days it don't matter to me

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

You should play sniper elite, the original and best waiting game

• Lol at least you can play destiny I can't even do that, but yeah I hate waiting it drives me insane weirdly I am a very patient person at the same time lol.

weknowmemes.com/.../...the-fuck-up-be-a-virtue.jpg

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/55178035.jpg

• yeah I hate waiting for my pizza, I wanted it like now lol.

• Ooh man pizza sounds good. ;o Maybe I can convince my sister to buy one for dinner later since my broke ass can't afford it haha

• Sure it is! I've seen people do it before :p

But I wouldn't let you anywayssss. I'll make my sister do it. It's what family is for ;)

• exactly!!! :P

• I guess it downloaded by now haha but I'd suggest getting out of the house. No reason to sit there torturing yourself while it downloads.
    Man I wish I had Internet to actually buy games online. Couple more months couple more months... Course by then I'll be goin to school so I might wanna save my dough for other stuff

• I have a crazy amount patience, let me wait for you as you take a nap lol

• Dude I have so much longer than I thought I'm gonna cry lol

I thought the expansion would be released at midnight... nope. 1pm EST tomorrow. :( and TW3 has been downloading since 7pm EST. Wahhhh.

• Keep yourself busy like never before!!! You can finally learn how to dance during the longest period of your life!!
      :D :D :D

• It is very likely to transfer from a torture to an anger-generating issue with the increase of waiting time for me LOL.
    I hate waiting for people most, then it is waiting for things, such as waiting for a food delivery or queuing up.
    Sort of hate waiting for the completion of downloads, but not very much.

• That is science, proven time goes slower if you think too much into it, like that.
    If it is a 10 hour wait, think not of it as a 10 hour wait, but completely forget you are waiting, take your mind of the wait

I now your problem, just find something else to occupy yourself in the mean time, like maybe watch a film or tv series or go out with friends to the town...

When you think about something, it takes longer and seems to drag...

• Waiting for something I want blows pretty hard.

• Witcher is aite, not worth buying full retail price

• I disagree, I like it a lot. I redeemed a gift card so it was only $33 for me anyway :p

• Dragon Age > Witcher!

• I was in the process of playin TW3 when you commented so I forgot to reply but NOPE. I don't like DA, I actually regret buying it lol

• It's a torture and I become very anxious by waiting.

• I can wait lol.

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif I'm with you 100% on this 1 LOL

When it's something I want I'm like NO!!! HURRY THEE HELL UP (time) but when it's something I don't want/care about... I'm more like whatever/who cares

What Girls Said 4

• I hate waiting. Especially for things I'm excited about. Like my reunion next month.

• It's torture lol.

• I usually have the patience of Job but in that kind of situation I get antsy lol. Make yourself nap.

• Yeah, I just redeemed my code for TW3 so I'm about to curl up on the couch and nap while it takes a million hours to download lol

• Torture, I hate waiting for stuff
    I have no patience