Girls, how long does it take for stretch marks to fade? I'm using palmers coco butter swivel stick?

Girls, how long does it take for stretch marks to fade ? I'm using palmers coco butter swivel stick?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• I got them on my arms for some reason and was super depressed about it. They've almost completely faded away after about three months, though. They're still there, of course, but only if you're looking for them.
    The ones on my stomach and hips aren't so keen to fade. I've been putting essential oils mixed into Shea butter on them, and it helped for my arms tremendously. I keep forgetting to put it on my stomach. But I doubt it would have done much as they seem a lot more stubborn. Oops.
    Good luck!

What Girls Said 19

• From my experience, only time has made them fade. A few years or so, just like any other scar really.

• They will never go away completely without laser cosmetic surgery and that type of stuff. Cocoa butter, bio-oil etc. will help them get lighter (white) and less noticeable, but you can't get rid of them completely without high dollar cosmetic procedures.

Honestly they aren't a big deal. 85% of women (and some men) have stretch marks, and I do as well. No guy has ever said a thing to me or probably has even noticed for that matter.

• I have had them since I was about 12. ( my growth spurt). Lately, I have had some sucess with a derma roller. (20mm). My boyfriend even has stretch marks around his hips. So I will do a full treatment round on him first. I will let you know how I go.

• It takes a couple years for them to turn white. You can hardly see the ones on my chest and legs now, but the ones on my hips are still visible.

• Use mustella it's much better and get rid of/lightens them a lot faster.

• All you can do for yourself is #1 use vitamin E oil on them daily, and #2 Be patient.
    Time will fade them!

• Ummmm... they don't fade. Ever.

• They never go away. They'll only turn white later, but that's it. Nothing will really work.

• Will it take a long for them to become white !

• Sorry for putting the explanation point meant to put the question mark lol but yea how long will will they take to become white?

• No idea. My stretch marks were always white. They've never been red.

• They will fade a little but not totally after about 3 months. There is nothing that will remove or fix stretch marks.

• So it's basically a scar? The coco butter will just lighten it your saying?

• No I have not. But I know plenty of women who have and it's basically the same deal. You can lighten them but a baby does indeed make a few permanent changes to the body.

• They don't go away. They get lighter, but still visible. It took mine 1 year to fade with my daughter. My son? They are tiger stripes up my sides. They ain't goin a place. They are way... darker.

• Depends some fade like in 3-4 months others take a year, but some Marksil or Trilastin that should help

• Coconut oil and vitamin e - the best!!! :) or even carrot oil

• Sometimes they never go away, but I heard strivectin was really good at eliminating the majority of them :-)

• These are for pregnant women to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. Its not to remove them, they dont work. Use vitamin e oil.

• I don't know , I don't have any?

• Time will make them fade, though they will never totally go away

• the only thing you can do is to wait, I'm not sure palmers coco butter will really help

• I don't pay any attention to my stretch marks. I actually make a point not to look at them.

• Retin-A should work better

• From my experience I used a derma roller.