How old do you have to be to sponsor a child in Africa?

I have been looking all over the internet and I messaged organisations but I can't find anything and no one has answered me yet. Does anyone have any ideas... keeping in mind that sponsoring a child is completely different from adopting one.

So to answer my own question age is not relevant you just need a credit card. Luckily my parents support me and allowed me to use their card with obvious expectation that I pay them back. I am very excited.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• over 18 i guess :-)

• I would imagine once you have a bank account you will be allowed.

• As long as you have a credit or debit card your old enough

• We did it in class in high school... I would guess eighteen...

• Why not sponsor a poor kid where you're from?

• Because there is a lot more poverty in Africa then in Canada and the money I donate goes towards the childs whole community.

• If I sponsor this kid it could help their and their siblings go to school, get food, and clean water. It may only be only one little family but it is making a difference. I can sponsor this family for years. I don't know to me that is more rewarding. And just because this kid isn't in Nepal doesn't mean they don't have it bad.

• I spent time in Africa back in the day, I don't really want to go into why I feel this way but I assure you it's not based on any prejudice; people should stop giving aid to Africa, it's marketed too damn well.

What Girls Said 2

• Probably 18 so that they can make sure you have a reliable income to support the child with

• i think 18.