What was the worst book that you ever had to read in High School?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• "A Separate Peace" might have been an ok read but my English teacher beat it into the ground. I just felt relieved when we finished it.

• everything's related with mythology... yuuuuuuck

• Shakespeare stuff. Its not that I don't think the guy is great, but that old language stuff made me hate English class back then.

• Inspector Calls. Thee most boring book ever. I hated it.

• Wuthering Heights. I had to read it like a month ago and it was terrible

• I never read a book

• i never read any book in hs, i would just pretend to hold it up over my face and sleep

• Alas, Babylon was awful. Could. Not. Finish.

A close second is anything by Dickens. I just do not understand his popularity.

What Girls Said 11

• Gulliver's Travels. Our teacher tried to get us to read it in 9th grade, she eventually cancelled it because she got pretty sick around the same time and I guess wanted to lessen the course load... thank goodness, because that book was rough. I don't know what it was but I just didn't enjoy it... I've been meaning to go back and try to read it again.

• So far Romeo and Juliet and I'm only a freshman bouts to be a sophomore!
    Just trying to make it to college whic I can't wait for!

• I really didn't enjoy Animal Farm. Perhaps I'd enjoy it more if I read it again, now that I'm older, but at the time, I didn't like it.

• Tie between Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. Basically anything ever written by the Brontë sisters, in fact.

• It's not a book, it's a play, but I HATED Death of a Salesman.

• Oddly enough I didn't dislike any of the books I had to read in high school. Some were less interesting than others/more of a chore, but I still appreciated them.

• Probably Macbeth, now I LOVE Shakespeare I love his work but Macbeth isn't my favourite out of all of his pieces.

• Of Mice and men, wasn't that bad, but not my favorite

• Walk two moons

• all of them.

• To kill a mockingbird. I fucking hated that boring book.