What was the worst book that you ever had to read in High School?

1|0
11|9

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• "A Separate Peace" might have been an ok read but my English teacher beat it into the ground. I just felt relieved when we finished it.

0|0
    0|0
  • everything's related with mythology... yuuuuuuck

0|0
    0|0
  • Shakespeare stuff. Its not that I don't think the guy is great, but that old language stuff made me hate English class back then.

0|0
    0|0
  • Inspector Calls. Thee most boring book ever. I hated it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wuthering Heights. I had to read it like a month ago and it was terrible

0|0
    0|0
  • I never read a book

0|0
    0|0
  • i never read any book in hs, i would just pretend to hold it up over my face and sleep

0|0
    0|0
  • Alas, Babylon was awful. Could. Not. Finish.

A close second is anything by Dickens. I just do not understand his popularity.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Gulliver's Travels. Our teacher tried to get us to read it in 9th grade, she eventually cancelled it because she got pretty sick around the same time and I guess wanted to lessen the course load... thank goodness, because that book was rough. I don't know what it was but I just didn't enjoy it... I've been meaning to go back and try to read it again.

0|0
    0|0
  • So far Romeo and Juliet and I'm only a freshman bouts to be a sophomore!
    Just trying to make it to college whic I can't wait for!

2|0
    0|0
  • I really didn't enjoy Animal Farm. Perhaps I'd enjoy it more if I read it again, now that I'm older, but at the time, I didn't like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tie between Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. Basically anything ever written by the Brontë sisters, in fact.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a book, it's a play, but I HATED Death of a Salesman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oddly enough I didn't dislike any of the books I had to read in high school. Some were less interesting than others/more of a chore, but I still appreciated them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably Macbeth, now I LOVE Shakespeare I love his work but Macbeth isn't my favourite out of all of his pieces.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of Mice and men, wasn't that bad, but not my favorite

0|0
    0|0
  • Walk two moons

0|0
    0|0
  • all of them.

1|0
    0|0
  • To kill a mockingbird. I fucking hated that boring book.

1|0
    1|0