Guys, What are ways to break the barriers in my social development?

I don't know what it is. I just don't know what to say in a conversation when I'm in the presence of someone. In my mind prior, I know what I could say but when it comes to actually doing it I choke and get blank with nothing to say unless its about comics or history/truth.

Any tips on how I can become a better social individual?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Practice with family... Random questions delivered at awkward moments or in public, will help lesson anxiety and limit fears...

You just have a major case of anxiety, but with a little coping and practice, you'll be fine.

What Guys Said 5

• You know what!! To make a conversation last long. You should listen and ask a lot of question. Just listen to them!!! don't tell anything about comics or history that's weird except your talking to a weird. If you don't have any idea to say why don't you just ask question? Yes! ask a question and listen, then ask again! People love to talk about themselves!

• how can I if my mind goes blank?

• I think you have social anxiety disorder. Do you think talking only to your family would solve this problem? Why don't you tell this problem to your parents? You know that empty feeling? Every time you got home and you're unable to connect to other people? It's horribly! I experience that myself, I'm so sad being unable to connect to other people :( I almost become alcoholic since it makes me become more comfortable. I knew it, nobody can help you except psychologists, not your parents or just yourself, you need the help of professional in this case!! or you would live that anxious life forever!!!

• I know. But its not like I'm nervous and fumbling to say something.

I live in a dysfunctional family. Their the cause of this. Which is why I'm not that social, however I never settle I'm always trying to get better.

• Sure. Ask them questions. People love to talk about themselves and they appreciate a good listener. When they ask you a question, think for a moment before you answer and then speak slowly. They will take this as a sign of intelligence.

By the way, any woman who talked about history and truth would definitely get my attention. History was my minor in college and truth is very important to me.

~ James Smith

• Then they get angry because the convo well then seem like an interview.

• just b as speechless as possible... it'd b better that ay imomif u don't wanna mess things up :-)

• that won't help me progress.

• Say things like hi to people you know. People will ask you questions. You have curiosity so simply ask them things back that your curious about.

• With a slash hammer..