For those of you that went to college, were you all able to find decent jobs in your field?

I am a STEM major, specifically information technology and I had a great conversation with my professor. He suggests that I should apply for internships and a job can come from there. So... have you all that went to college found a decent job pertaining to your major?

• Yes
  • Somewhat, the search is improving
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really. Had to choose between two job offers at graduation, caved in to family pressure to live closer to them and chose the lower-paying job in their city. Set my career back, being as I wasn't expanding (or even really using) my skillset. Eventually managed an internal transfer so I'd at least be coding again, but the pay is still for shit, and I haven't had luck applying to other companies.

What Guys Said 2

• i know people who've been in college... and they found... NOTHING ;-)

• Yes, I doubled in accounting & pol. sci. With accounting you can find jobs easily. I'm no accountant though thank God! I had job offers before I graduated.

STEM is the way to go, especially as a girl TBH with you. Good choice.

What Girls Said 3

• Still searching but getting real close. I have a music degree and a master's degree in education. So does my husband and he accepted a job last month that starts in September (obviously).

• Yes, I was able to find a job in my field but I got my job through networking through friends, so talk to everyone, you never know who makes it and most people want to hire a friend or someone they know than someone with an okay resume, I graduated with a degree in biochemistry I work in a toxicology position, in the science field they respect paid internships than non paying, and experience and knowledge of troubleshooting instrumentation make you more valuable

• i was able to.