What was your best memories of Elementary/ Primary school?

This weekend A girl that I went to school with and graduated with passed away in a car accident. I have had so many memories over the last 2 days of my old days in school. My favorite memory was 6th grade. At the time me and my classmates had the only male teacher in school. He would fix popcorn for us most days, and on special occasions cooked breakfast for us. We also on rainy days played bowling with plastic balls and pins. What was your favorite memory or memories?

Most Helpful Girl

• I remember in kindergarten my teachers teamed up and pretended these huge gingerbread men were alive and leaving clues and messages for the class and we had to search for the clues... it was pretty cool.

What Girls Said 26

• I have lots of good memories from primary school.

Sitting on the bars of the bridge on the adventure trail and flipping on them made up most of my later primary school life. I think it was a bunch of us girls who all did gymnastics and dancing and we did pretty dangerous things on the obstacles now I come to think of it.

We went to this workshop at the university for kids in their last year of primary school. It was to encourage interest in engineering, I think, and I kinda wanted to be an engineer when I was a kid. We built mini cars, and raced them, and I remember I designed my teams and it was the best feeling ever when it won.

Primary six football. Our entire year split into two teams, boys v. girls, to play football. There were so many girls we just lined up in front of the goal.

A friend of mine brought in a remote control spider. These things weren't common back then, and a teacher screamed and climbed onto a table when it chased her.

I have so many more good memories. I loved primary school.

• My favorite memory (or one of) is of when we used to play Trip Up.
    It was this stupid game we made up where you'd dig a little hole in the sandpit, back up a little, then walk as if everything is normal and trip. You had to pretend you didn't know the hole was there, and whoever missed the hole would be booed, and if you tripped, you got rated out of ten just how good a trip it was. 'Have a nice trip to China?' was probably our favorite thing to laugh at each other with.

Sometimes we'd do it in pairs and skip up to the hole and trip together, most of the time landing in a heap and either kneeing or elbowing each other in the process.

Ah, good times.

• You tripped each other?

• There was also the gold hunts. They stopped running for some reason by the time I got to year three though.

The gold hunts were where the teachers would hide 'gold nuggets' in the big sandpit (we had two, the years prep to four sandpit and the years five to six sandpit. Prep to four was the big sandpit) and whoever found the most gold nuggets got their pick of a chocolate bar.

I realised by the time I got to year eight, because the memory had come up for no reason, that the gold nuggets had actually been rocks spray painted gold. But I'd loved digging through the sand for those rocks. The idea of chocolate as a reward just made it better XD

• i remember when i "graduated" from pre school. we got to carry candles and my family was there video taping me. i was such a little snob i was showing off for the camera. haha!
    also in like 5th grade i had a bag of hot cheetohs... everyone kept asking me for some so i only got to eat like 2. i was so sad! but i felt so cool becuase i had a snack everyone wanted. haha! so dorky!!
    childhood is so great...

• I went to two primary schools because I moved. The first one was great filled with tons of memories and the second was honestly crap because it was filled with a ton of b*itches and d*ckheads (excuse my language. So that ruined the experience. It's amazing how two primary schools have two different types of people just because of location.

My best memory which may sound like my worst memory was when I was in year 1 or 1st grade. I was in the bathroom when a fight broke out between a bunch of 6 grade girls. The deputy principal grabbed everyone out and made us stand on the stage and at the end of lunch called everyone up and pointed at us and shamed us. I remember crying because back then I was the quiet shy girl who never did wrong especially cause my brother was staring at me shocked. But it became a damn good memory because after that day, I started becoming less quiet and shy and really stepped out of that bubble. So in a way it did me good. May not necessary be my best memory but it's something I'll never forget

• What do you mean location

• Well I moved quiet a fair bit away. So I realised that in the two different places, there were different types of people. First school/location had all the decent people and second school/location was filled with b*tches and what not.

• Rich sections?

• Elementary school sucked!

• i was a real prankster as a kid and got a few people in trouble. thats the first thing that popped to mind lmao.

• When I was in first grade, my two best friends at the time, Emily and Andrea, and I would always play in the grass along the fence bordering the school. One day we found small brown "berries." (Don't worry, we didn't eat any!) Andrea was from Texas, originally, so when she got excited and explained that those "berries" looked like tarantula eggs, Emily and I believed her. We never once stopped to wonder why a tarantula would be laying eggs at a school in Wisconsin.
    A few days went by, and each recess we'd count the "eggs" and gently pick them up and examine them for any signs that they would be hatching soon.
    Over the weekend I helped my dad clean my rabbits cage. And noticed the same little "eggs."
    We were all horrified that we'd been playing with rabbit poop for the last week.

• Me and my 2 friends would have dance battles on the top field with girls that were 2 years younger than us.
    I was the lead role in the production and had to sing "the circle of life" and I also danced at the beginning with my dance class.
    I helped out on the bbq committee (serving toasties and sausage sizzle at lunch)
    I did road patrol and assembly set ups. I looked after the new entrants on rainy days so the teacher could go have lunch and we would read stories and play games.
    But the best time! When I was 9 I was chased by a 7 year old who kissed my hand and then grabbed my boob. Good times..

• my conversations with my 6th grade teacher. i was 11 and she must have been 28ish, but we had the most amazing talks. she just seemed so kind and friendly. and she never spoke to me like i was a kid, she spoke to me like she'd speak to an adult.

• Having my first crush.. Then he said he liked me back. Damn I was so naive.

• Sorry for the lost of your friend.

Well, for me, my best memories were beating up classmates when they pissed me off. I was a very aggressive girl back then although it was just elementary school. I still remember clearly that I was get Saturday detention. My first fight was in fourth grade, second and third fight was in fifth grade, lastly fourth fight in sixth grade.

• i guess recess time when we used to play football in the yard... break the window panes of classes and get punished lol... sweet memories;p

• What a refreshing question and a nice way to honor your friend.

I remember playing soccer against the boys at recess. We battled for years. We handled them fairly well all those years. Beat them most of the time.

Damn good thing we hit puberty first! Come 9th or 10th grade there's no way we could have beat them. Lol

I still see some of them now and then. We were a tight group and we are all still here to my knowledge.

Even though I don't see them, I consider them family. I'm sorry you lost your friend.

• Middle school sucked for me and so does high school right now. But in elemtentsry my teacher Mrs Sullivan would bring us cookies let us go outside and play take us to museums and parks and read books and then she also brought her baby girl with her on days and we would play with her. I remember wjen Liam would break the teacher window next door and she would come out and start Shouting and mrs Sullivan would come and push her out to the door and say Liam it's ok don't do it again. She was and is my favorite teacher

• When I was in all of elementary I was in the advanced reading class and we would always have a small group of children to read these amazing biographies about famous people. I remember reading about Harry Houdini. The teacher was so funny and nice. And was the teacher that gave me lots of small toys. I knew she favorited me. One time in elementary I threatened to cut my neck open in class because I got so mad and she was there to help and comfort me. (happened in the 2nd grade) I even had the police and parents come to the school. The whole time she was there she was rubbing my back and giving me tissues and giving me comforting advice. She was my best memory and reading with her.

• Awful and lonely school years from grades 4th to 6th.

Besides that, well I only had a friend that would sometimes visit me but other times ignored me at school.

• I am so sorry about your friend.

Though i remember planning and holding a fundraiser with 3 friends in Grade 5, where we hand made a bunch of things and made half a k, which i guess was decent for a school with only 200 kids :)

• Oh we used to have these activities at school where thise big trampolines would come. We went canoeing too!

So sorry for your friend, I just heard that one of my classmates at school committed suicide.

• Well, in kindergarten my best friend and I decided to moon everyone in the cafeteria and we were so proud of ourselves!!!

• To me my "first kiss" haha was in 1st grade on top of the slides were this boy came up to me and kissed me on my hand , that to me was my first kiss ever 😂 I remember feeling so bubbly and sliding down the slide really happy

• When i was chosen from the whole school to present a concert

• Dancing to timetable songs

• Going to a thing called zoo school for a week. Or goi g to this camp for a night :)

• Cool how was it?

• That sounds cool

• Probably the field trips :) we had some good times!!

• Everyone got punished due to my pranks except for me.

• Mass punishment was common in Elementary School

• Yeah but I was almost never punished even though 3/4 of pranks were played by me.

• I just remember getting in trouble :(

What Guys Said 29

• My condolences. Although you may not have remained close with your classmate, this experience can trigger many feelings and cause some intense soul searching and even depression. Please take the time to talk to a few friends about how this experience has affected you.

• When i was in Primary school, I wasn't Fat, So, I guess that would be it really, being treated like a normal human being, But, Then when i went into High school i got Obese and fucking hated every day of it.

Lost most of said weight now, But, Damn, Being Obese sucks ;/

• I loved to play pranks lol ding and ditch, you call a phone and they answer your like is your refrigerator running and they yes so you say well you better go catch it lol harmless stuff like that. And I enjoyed hanging out with my real friends and just having fun you know being a kid, I can honestly look back and say my childhood was not wasted.

• Being the school arm wrestling champion lol

• I had some fun playing games in the playground, although I didn't get along with other kids super well.

Also there were occasionally really cool teachers. I was just thinking earlier today how my fifth grade teacher read an abbreviated version of Pilgrim's Progress to us, and showed slides with it to illustrate the things happening.

• Middle school: 7th grade: first time I exchanged numbers with girls, and my crush called me once and wanted to discuss her problems. It was awesome.

• Best memory of elementary has gotta be the Teachers vs Fifth Graders Kickball game.

I remember my team was losing because Mr. Duggan launches kickballs into lower orbit like nobodies business. But I cannot tell you of the pure shock and awe when I kicked that red ball so hard, it might still be flying to this day (a discovered secret was steel-toed boots). And when Leo (on third base when I kicked) dodged the replacement kickball by sliding into home base. Aw man! Teachers lost their education licenses, we rekt'd 'em so much in that legendary kickball game!!

Best. Childhood. Memory. Ever.

• The highest grade I got in primarily school (I was 1st of the class too) was when I was mostly punished in school because I was one o the school delinquents (only academically most of the time), for most of the subjects for more than 75% of the year.
    I thank god, and my mother was really the one who is doing most of the work (motivating + tuition) . XD

• Honestly I am late, but it did be Field Day. We got to have ice tea, and relay races. :).

• Many fist fights and school crush

• Soccer was really popular at my school so anyone could just join during recess even if there were more than 11 players on each team.

Another memory is of my grade 4 teacher. He brought his Xbox-360 back then it had recently came out (the age on this account is wrong) and everyone would play it.

• My friends and I used to wrap beers in tin foil and drink them at school. Lmao. We did this from about 4th grade to 8th and in 8th the custodian finally unwrapped a can and found a red label Budweiser. Lmao. They made an announcement over the speaker. Saying they will find whoever is doing this and they will be suspended and possibly expelled. They never caught us. I hadn't thought about that in forever. Lol. Don't talk shit we were just kids.

• My first big O, while climbing a rope. LoL I didn't know what it was.

• when i finished it...

school-years were PAINFUL... even literally :-/

• My best memories from those times are about the fact that I actually had friends to hang out with.

• getting a nickname for the first time and getting upset because I did not know what a nickname was and thought the kids were just making fun of me

• Running away from cootie infested girls.

• My best memory from elementary was this girl I really liked... Nicole.. AND the time I ditched school during lunch time and got myself a Kit-Kat-Bar from Albersons... Hell yeah

• sounds like the good old days. Gimme a break Gimme a break break me off a piece of that kit kat bar

• I got in so much trouble for that shit... bt it was sooooo worth it.. Im a Left twix kind of guy... but ill still eat the right... every time

• The girls, lol! Naturally.

• My favorite memories of elementary school had to do with the few girls I knew. The rest of what I remember wasn't that good... fights... trouble with this one and that. They made me strong, but they weren't pleasant.

• Sorry but I want to say: no, I do not have. All of good memories were the life after I came to the United States.

• I suppressed most of my memories of elementary school for about 7 years and all of the sudden remembered something last year, thankfully since then I suppressed it again... until now.
    I don't have any good memories of elementary school.

• No. Well, I mean, I was bullied at the beginning, but it wasn't that bad and I worked everything out,
      it's more something about me, things I did and who I was back then.

• I won a Magic School Bus book

• Without getting too negative my school years sucked, college is way better ! :D

• Best memories would be... None. Blank. Seriously, empty. :-/

• Peeing my pants in kindergarden because I could not leave class during testing.

• winning the 3 on 3 league back to back.

• Wet toilet paper wad fights in the bathroom.

• Leaving, forever