My lips have been sunburnt?

Hello. So, I went tanning in the sun about two weeks ago. My lips got sunburnt the day afterwards. I've been using moisturiser chap stick & Vaseline religiously. And the burning went away last Thursday. But, now it's really burning again. And no, I haven't went tanning and I've been avoiding the sun for such reasons. And I'm wondering why it's burning again? I've been using Vaseline & Chapstick all day and it still burns. :/ Please help me understand what's going on and what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just keep using chapstick!

What Guys Said 1

• check to see if what you use on your lips (lip balm, lipstick, or gloss) has an SPF value. “Many lip products contain sunscreen in them already,
    If it doesn’t have SPF, buy a lip balm that does, and put it on before your lipstick or lip gloss year-round—just like you apply moisturizer with SPF before any other makeup. The closer to SPF 30 the balm is, the better, but many lip products have SPF 15, which is better then nothing.

What Girls Said 2

• Try using something else,(that's natural) like a shea butter/ coconut OR a lotion that has aloe vera in it.
    Stay hydrated
    Put cool/cold wet cloth on it. Continue to moisturize.

• Continue using moisturizer but maybe get a formulated gloss for damaged lips from the chemist.