Do you think social media is making us feel insecure?

I just seemed to think when we look at instagram or twitter, we always see the "better" side of people's lives and start to get jealous or insecure, we compete for likes and try to make our lives seem better than actually living in the moment... just my thoughts that's all

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely yes. Everyone thinks their a superstar now and need to get that perfect pic on facebook or whatever. If we don't meet those standards, we may feel indifferent to society... even if society isn't forcing us it's in or conscience

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah I totally agree. All you see on social media is the HIGHLIGHTS of people's lives. You don't see the crap that may or may not be going on behind closed doors. All they're posting is the amazing MOMENTS they're having.

• Yeah, it has a factor in it if we focus on comparing ourselves too much. I use it as a way to connect with people and know that people generally only post the highlights of their life, you don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

• I think we rely on other people's approval (in the form of likes) too much. If you're comfortable in your own skin you don't need a strangers approval. And if you're not, a strangers like it's going to boost yourself esteem when your feeling down.

• Yea its true, social media can give you those feelings cause then you start to compare your life to theirs

• Yes kind of. But if we are confident about ourselves we don't really need to be insecure.

What Guys Said 5

• Nope.. It's all about perspective.. Whatever it is on social media that you're placing more importance and value on than yourself is the issue. You have to adjust and redefine what you think is important and what makes you feel good about yourself.. Never looked at a good looking guy and felt jealous... Never felt insecure or inadequate because I don't give a F about him or anyone that knows him... And that's in real life... generally though, Guys don't do that. Lol
    Online people have material shit, I have material shit... I could exaggerate the positive aspects of my life and not mention the negatives but that would make me a liar, like them... It would mean that I was so shitty of a human being that I could derive pleasure by attempting to make strangers envious... I don't care about my neighbors enough to concern myself with what they have or do not have... f social media.. Haha If that were something I were to find myself doing, ever, I would consider myself officially an asshole With a pointless, useless EXISTANCE.

I would rather play ps4 or go for a run. All those lies and exaggerations could have been reality for those people if they would walk the walk..

Insecurity comes from listening to everyone else and ignoring yourself. Block out BS... Jealousy, envy... We cause it to happen to ourselves. Don't let anyone determine what makes you happy or satisfied.

• "Social" media tends to cause more problems and drama these days because as other users have said before we see only the highlights of peoples lives so we tend to get jealous

• I'm glad I quit facebook but this site makes me feel insecure quite a lot...

• yes social media is making us feel insecure

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif Naw you're making yourself feel insecure and or stupid when you constantly log onto those sites while knowing damn well that it would make you feel some type of way