This is not a Rose?

Well, agree or disagree?

This is not a Rose?

• Agreed, this is not a rose.
  • Um... yes this is a rose. You okay?
hehe this KILLED me. i was dying of laughter at some of the answers 😂
"this is a fake rose" LOL!

anyway ill use @insertwittyname 's explanation for the answer:
It's not a rose. It's a photograph of something that looks like our conception of a 'rose'. It may not have been a 'rose' consisting of living matter that was originally photographed, or perhaps even painted or captured n some other medium, but the picture itself is not a rose. It is a picture of a 'rose'.
OMG I GOT FIRE ON MY QUESTION. :D :D

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• It's a fake rose a picture but it's still a rose in the sense of when you paint, draw or write about one in the simplest sense it's still a rose just not one you can grow, hold or smell.

A rose just a fake one but still a rose
    scontent-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...64573788150_n.jpg

Still roses just being described instead of being held or seen

The White Rose it is said as Aphrodite the Goddess of love sprang forth into life

from the foaming sea were the foam fell the White Roses grew

the flower of light otherwise known as the white rose

symbolizes a untarnished, untainted love

that is innocent, honorable and as pure as virgin snow the Red Rose it is said

as Aphrodite ran to help her wounded lover Adonis caught her flesh

on the thorns of a White Rose bush her Blood falling on the bush turned the Roses Red

symbolizing the change from innocence to adulthood and experience

the Blood Rose otherwise known as the Red Rose symolizes

deep intimate love that is filled with fiery passion and lustful physical hunger

apart they are the Roses of love each representing a side of it

a more spiritual love and a more physical love together

they are a symbol of real love a love that is kind, thoughtful, honorable

and as pure as virgin snow but also passionate, fiery, intimate and physical

the Red and White Rose joining together a love that like any couple grows matures

and sees conflict and struggle from innocence and purity to experience,

motherhood and fatherhood but like any mortal being or thing we all must die

our love is eternal but alas our bodies are not

but death is not the end but rather a grand beginning

Fake roses, real roses, pictures of roses all still roses just in different senses

• So you are reading this. What you are reading? This. I said "this". What is this? This is my opinion. No. This is not my opinion but just a bunch of alphabets merged and assigned and joined in such manner to follow the rules of grammar of the English in which there may or may not be some mistakes but you would ignore them and interpret with them in the way I want because I made you read this. And you have a perception that they're coming from my cognition but no, you can't proove this because in this box, it's not my original opinion, they are nothing but a bunch of curved and straight lines and dots (tittle) called as texts. Just like your rose.

• I get it, it's a trick question. . . it's "a rose by any other name" in other words we can call it anything. So I call it a DooM

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• 😂😂😂

• I know it weren't you, you don't have it in you. . . well you have it in you but you don't let it out of you.

@ all the other girls on this question I am watching you because I know one of you did it

• It's not a rose. It's a photograph of something that looks like our conception of a 'rose'. It may not have been a 'rose' consisting of living matter that was originally photographed, or perhaps even painted or captured n some other medium, but the picture itself is not a rose. It is a picture of a 'rose.

I definitely wrote this!! :D

• images4.fanpop.com/.../...se-22327976-1706-960.jpg

You're right cause this is rose!

• it's whatever you say it is :D :D

• Haha this made me think about the poet who wrote "ceci n'est pas une pipe" (this is not a pipe). For me the pic is a rose Anna... and if it isn't than I can still say I'm not a biologist hahaha :D

• At first glance, it's clearly a rose.

But the odd obviousness of the question makes me want to stare at it and see how it could possibly not be a rose...

• this is a fake rose :)

• I agree with DooM
    is it the whole "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" Thing?

• Very interesting question

• If it isn't a rose then what is it?

• I'm no botanist but that looks like a rose to me.

• Will you accept this picture of a rose?

• This is a coca cola can

• It looks like one to me. But by any other name would smell as sweet

• Technically, it is a picture of a rose and not a rose.

• Looks like a rose to me but I'm not a botanist lol

• I see a rose

• I think fake rose or really rose. (I have no clue really.) :)

• With that logic then nothing on the internet is what we think it is.

• That's ones and zeros if yyou want to get specific

• well, isn't it?

• actually no that's a little different. the image of the rose isn't the rose itself, but the internet itself is original. there's no personified or embodied version of it.
      if that makes sense.

What Girls Said 16

• It's not a rose. It's a photograph of something that looks like our conception of a 'rose'. It may not have been a 'rose' consisting of living matter that was originally photographed, or perhaps even painted or captured n some other medium, but the picture itself is not a rose. It is a picture of a 'rose'.

The same concept as ceci n'est pas une pipe.

• If you wanna get real technical, "this" it's a forum post on the internet, containing a digital image of a photograph of what resembles a rose. You never defined the subject matter to quantify the meaning of "this". You did not specify that you were asking us to define the subject within the digital copy of the photograph.

• That is a rose.

• It looks like a rose to me. But I feel like this is a trick questions so... Lol

• i kinda did trick yoouu :)
      and HOLD UP. ur part of the admin now? AHHH CONGRATS! since when? :D

• :O so I'm on time! gosh little HoneyBee all grown up now. well i hope u enjoy ur new role! x

• Lmao yes, thank you! I'm a little nervous but I hope I do well :)

• I mean that's clearly a dandelion

• www.google.com/search

This is rose excuse me while I sob

• yes this is a rose! LOL
    or its just a flower lol

• No, it's the image of a rose. Is that Sartre?

• good=]
      nah this is "the treachery of images" by Rene Magritte. concept of "this is not a pipe" or "Ceci n'est pas une pipe.",

• it is like a rose

• That looks like a rose to me.

• I'm pretty sure it is.

• That rose is an imposter! Arrest that fake ass rose!😨

• I think you're trying to trick us into thinking its not a rose so I'm gonna say it is a Rose

• It's a photo of a rose...

• Oh I see, you were being a clever dick.

• It is a door which leads to another dimension :o!