I want to read books but I can't?

I'm 17 years old but I've read a couple of books in my life. I kind of feel bad about myself... After watching all those action movies I can't finish a single book. I get bored really fast. Are there any ways to start enjoying boring reading sessions? thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• No need to feel bad about it! It's probably an attention-span issue. We live in a 'fast' age and the Internet and smartphone messes with people's attention. Don't force yourself to read an X amount of pages per day, it'll increase on its own if you really like the book. Some books I took months to finish even though they were fun to read. I just cannot read like in High School anymore.

But yeah, the most important part is that even if you only read 1 page, consider it a page closer to the end!

What Girls Said 2

• it depends on the type of genre your in too really & the author as well?

• I was not much into leisure reading until I found TFIOS. You just need the right book which triggers your interest...

What Guys Said 2

• then u must b into books pal 8)

otherwise nah... personally i hate em :-P

• keep mental notes. try to fantasize over the book themes. read the influences of the writer to learn where he was insipred by.

• find books that are mentally challenging. try to imagine books as living things not something static.