Is marriage where life begins or ends?

• It begins
  • It ends

Most Helpful Girl

• Neither. It's just another stage of life. People's attitudes about marriage is what makes it or breaks it. If you go into it thinking negatively, it's not going to work. If you have an open mind and heart, it has a great chance of working. It's just like any other relationship. You don't throw away your best friend just because of a disagreement, so why should you throw away a marriage because of it. No two people are going to be so compatible that they see eye-to-eye on absolutely everything. We don't always agree with our parents, but we still love them and keep them as our parents. You don't throw away family. Patience, love, tolerance, communication, compromise, etc all need to be placed in a marriage. People give up way too easily. To me, those people are not very sttong. Hey, you can always look on the bright side. At least when there are disagreements in a marriage, you get to have make-up sex. That's some pretty great sex.

What Guys Said 13

• Its just a point along the path of your life. From that point on you walk the path with a partner and share the wonders you see along that path.

• I didn't vote, because it entirely depends on who you get married to.

It can be the best beginning or worst ending to your "life." I've seen very happy couples and I've seen very unhappy couples.

For me, I obviously hope it's when life begins.

• being married = being crucified in my opinion ;)

• To be honest I don't feel like it has changed a whole lot. Apart from that she now suddenly owns half of all my things.

• I have been married a longtime and because my wife and I are a good match, it is better than single life.

• It's the beginning of the end

• marriage is kind of stupid if i think about it. you sign a contract to love each other? why? can´t you just love each other? xD

• Neither, to be honest. It's just an event inbetween.

• If it's the "beginning" then that person has lived one pathetic existence...

• lol at this question. For a single dude like me marriage is the beginning of the end

• It's the beginning of the end.

• Not both of them and depends on the couple life begins with the birth if you say life begins with the marriage that means you screw over your past.. But we can say that a big new beginning..

• Expect a gender divide on your poll. Marriage is good for women, bad for men.

What Girls Said 17

• BEGINS! i cannot wait. <3

• Neither. It generally happens somewhere in the middle of your life.

• I don't believe it's where life begins OR ends. It's just another chapter.

• I think life has already started before marriage but that old life is different. I would say that when you get married, you enter into a new phase of life with different responsibilities and experiences

• Isn't this from Catherine?

• Most of my recent Q's are from Catherine. they're very suitable for GaG. goodbye stray sheep.

• I never got to the end of that game (my boyfriend broke up with me before I could finish it).

• i never got to the end either. the last puzzles were to hard for me. so i just watched the end on google and restarted :)

• Neither. You have a life before and after marriage, it just changes the dynamics of your life if anything

• It depends on your attitude and what you want out of life. For me, i think a very important part of my life will be begining.

• Neither unless, you get married straight out of the womb or, die on your wedding day. Jk but hmm interesting question. I think it depends on what type of relationship you have.

• It's where life begins to me.. because it means I'll be pregnant.

• It seriously depends on you and your partner.

• The real challenge begins

• It depends on the person and the marriage. If you firmly believe it is the end then don't get married.
    It should be a new beginning.

• The end, I don't like having to make personal decisions by consulting someone else

• I'm going to get hate for this: but I believe it's where it ends.
    You and your partners life end once you give life to another. Your life is practically revolving around your child, and you can't do a lot of the things you want until they're grown up and out from underneath your wing.
    I'm not saying that marriage is horrible and life-sucking. It's not. I'm just saying that you end your life, along with your partner, to live together as one, and start a new life.

• I see it more as a page turned and a new page of your life starting. Your life changes in many ways so maybe it's both !

• My life really began 3 years after my divorce, and we're still very close. He's like a brother to me now.

• It's not that simple. It depends on the quality of the relationship and the marriage.