Resume with no work experience, how should I tackle this?

i have absolutely no work experience, apart from the one time I worked in a retail store, which has nothing to do with the job I'm applying for. I did have some leadership roles back in high school around 5 years ago. Do you think I should include that in?

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't matter if it doesn't relate to the job. I would include anything and everything you can that is some sort of work experience. At least you have some sort of work ethic. Everyone needs to start somewhere. Get as much work experience as you can, more in the job you applied for, but get and include any work experience on your resume. I never worked in IT prior to my current IT job, and I still got hired. Granted, I had an Associate degree in computer science and it was in an organization that I was already working in (transfer in organization to IT dept).

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah include that and any skills that u know how to do and also that job u worked at and mainly references

• Include it in. Resume is a form of self-advertisement. You have to pinpoint your skills and your abilities. If you don't have work experience, you concentrate on adding situations which can prove the qualities you mentioned in your resume.

What Guys Said 2

• "I did have some leadership roles back in high school around 5 years ago"<_----- u r still young... so i guess this is good effort for yer age :)

• Stuff it with as much info as you can, exaggerate your accomplishments, spin the fuck out of it to make yourself sound better. I nailed internships by doing that.