How would you feel if one of your parents had a sex change?

In the wake of Bruce Jenner having a sex change and becoming a woman how would you feel if one of your parents decided to get a sex change? Would you be accepting or be angry?

• I would accept them no matter what
  • I wouldn't accept. too big of a change
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• Frankly wouldn't bother me in the least.
    Your dad running away with another man half his age when you are only 2, kind of shifts your perspective on sexuality and gender identity.

It's their own life. They are free to screw it up however they want. I say screw up based upon discussions with far too many transgender individuals who have regretted it down the line. I think too many people dont identify with the body they have so leap to the conclusion that they must be the opposite sex, rather than looking at WHY they don't conect to their own body. But some people get it right and are genuinely happy. Godd for those people.

• That would be so fucking weird

I wouldn't like it. Not like my opinion would matter though...

• I agree. I'm normally a very open minded person but I don't think I could accept if my parents became the opposite sex. It's too much of a change and difference. I would support them but couldn't accept

• I would immediately need to know if gender reassignment would be complete by Christmas!

• Why by Christmas?

• Gotcha! Never thought of that

• My family is BIG on gestures... And we celebrate just the one holiday.. So.. Eh.. Lol

• I'd have a hard time with it. Especially since they're quite old already. Why the change NOW?

• Maybe they would feel as if now is the time to finally be themselves. He is doing his in his 60's

• I see. Interesting I haven't heard about sex changes at that age yet. I wish him the best but yeah, I stand by my opinion. I just couldn't really handle it. I'm not perfect. :(

• I don't think its okay for the Jenner girls to have to live through this in such a public way, I can't see this playing out well for anyone involved my heart goes out to his kids especially his sons... Anyone remember them?

• His sons also said they were supportive of him and his decision to become a woman.

• I dunno man its seems wrong I get the support part I too would be supportive but to see it played out in real time seems skeezy, on the one hand it may help others struggilling with accepting themselves but those girls the younger ones something's off. I guess I have my own reasons for feeling weird about it, seems voyeuristic and not in the good way.. Like where's the line?

• then i'll be heading to this place.

• I'd cut his dick off!!

• i'd feel sick to my stomach. and i would not want to see them anymore

What Girls Said 7

• gosh look i may sound like a horrible child but i would freak out. as much of a bad rep as some of those girls have, for them [especially the 2 youngest] to handle it with such grace and composure in front of the media is to be greatly commended.

• I was watching it yesterday and I have no idea how everyone is so accepting. I would also freak out.. It's such a big change to see your parent as that role of mom or dad then you end up having 2 mom's or 2 dad's

• yeah seriously. and the fact that he didn't tell them straight away either. that's kinda heart wrenching =/

• It would be a big change, and difficult to cope with, but they're still my parent. I'd love them no matter what.

• They have always supported me, so I would support them.

• Of course I would accept them. They are my parents. They gave birth to me. They have supported me through everything I've gone through in life. I can't believe that so many people wouldn't accept their parents. To me they are ungrateful little brats.

• I don't think that means they are ungrateful brats. That's a hard change to deal with. It may take some time to see your parent as another gender or even date the same sex.

• But its good you will support your parents and thank you for answering :)

• I would love them anyway. ;_;

• I think that's just too insane. I'd be like what the fuck and I don't even know what else

• It would make me feel weird, but I would end up accepting it.