Girls Sporting Curves, Clothing Brands That Fit?

At 5'9" I am tall, and my closest American size is an 8. I have "curves" (38, 29, 39) and I can't find pants to fit.

I have a booty but smaller waist. If pants fit the booty, they gap several inches at the waist. If I fit the waist, I can't sit down in them! And through it all, pants are all too short (I am all leg).

Anyone else have this problem, and what brands fit best?

Most Helpful Girl

• we have almost same measurements :)
    I find that high waist jeans are smaller (size 7) and lower waist jeans are bigger (size 9) depending on my weight at the time. I wear a lot of hip huggers but, the ones that fit me the best are jeggings.

What Guys Said 6

• AHA!! Time to learn a new skill. Altering clothes to fit you!! Buy a size or two too big, cheap ones, and then experiment. A lady like you should have no problems customising clothes!!

PS: Like your profile page. Kudos!

• basically wot's yer weight?

sorry not good with sizes

• 140 pounds. :)

• u r normal weight then... so average size maybe?

• Yeah, pretty average weight. Sadly when I wear normal pants, they are up over my ankles lol! You guys are lucky :)

• You may need to get clothes that are tailored... buy for your hips and inseam and get the waist taken in. Buy for your bust and get your waist taken in and so forth... that way you will have flattering clothes no matter what. More expense though...

• I have this problem except without the booty. Dickies has unhemmed pants online so you can get the smaller waist size and then choose your own length. They won't hem it for you, but it's not that hard to do it yourself.

• I thougtht they make pants for women on purpose. its kind of odd you have this problem are u have the sterotypical figure that everyone thinks women have. Guys pants are basically unisex and womens pants is supposed to be curvy. try going to a store ment for black people lol. they tend to have curves.. but no i dont have the problem. i buy one pant size 34x32 and that it.

• Clothes are not a one-size-fits-all kind of thing so it's hard to recommend.

What Girls Said 5

• I have this issue too. I just end up having to wear belts a lot.

• Yes I'm built similar to you & have the same problem finding clothes to fit proper. Most times I end up taking the waist in or wearing a belt. Also the higher waist line seems to work better for me.

• No but I have a friend like you

• Well I am slim, a totally different body type, more petite with a straighter waist than you. I do find a better selection in Austria that fits me. Especially in lingerie and pants.

• Girl I have curves for miles!!!