Can someone explain bra size to me?

I'm going on anonymous out of fear of being viewed as a creepy pervert or something but anyways...
... I'm not really sure how bra size work. I've heard that a large volume (or bust?) a cup can be bigger than a low volume (or bust?) b cup and I dunno what a busy is it the band width or anythin is pls help

Most Helpful Girl

• So I'm 30 C. This means my rib cage underneath my breast is 30 inches. My breast are three inches beyond that which makes them a C. The Letter is not a fixed size it indicates one inch per letter beyond the band size.

A 32 A would be the same overall-33 inch chest) as me but our rib cage and breast are different sizes.

Number equals the " band" size. Letter = the inches away from band size. 30 inches plus three = 30C. Numerically this is 30/33.

• what about volume? is that how much of the boob takes up the cup? can volume affect the cup size?

• Cup is volume... That's why you have to try on different bras bc the munger smd letter isn't enough to let you know if it fits. But like 3 inches from my rib cage is supposed to indicate width and length do you figure it fills the cup bc it's not one or the other. It's three inches squared.

• I just learnt about this myself. I've been wearing 32 B for some time and just thought bras are uncomfortable and never quite fit properly :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Numbers are rib cage, letters are cups

What Girls Said 3

• Cups are the size of the, well the cups. And the number is the size of the back.

• The letters are cup sizes, which is the part of the bra that act holds the boob. The numbers deal with the band that goes around the back where the hooks usually are.

• Band width is around your back and stuff like pants sizing but up top. Cup is for volume. Usually a b cup breast goes wider or protrudes more than an a, c is more than b and so on basically

What Guys Said 3

• it goes like the alphabet bro 8)

a, b, c, d... from smaller 2 bigger :)

• Backdoor Sluts 9

• From what I understand the number is chest measurement and letter is the cup or breast size