Do you think n**** or n*****is acceptable to say?

The swearword or just used as a colloquial slang word to refer to your pals...

Do you think it is ok to use this word?

• I believe it is wrong to say this word, regardless of whether your're black or white
  • I believe black people are allowed to call eachother n**** , but If a white person says it, it's racist
  • I am black, and use the word , but dont like white people using it
  • I am white, and think the word is awful to black people
  • It's ok to call black people this in a friendly way, but if you mean it racist or mean way, then it is wrong and racist
  • I believe these rappers and hip hop like "lil wayne" and gansta rap, has made the word become a social norm and kids say it now
  • I believe black people use it, to emancipate themselves. , but white people should not say it, becames they spell it in a racist way
It has it's origins in slavery as the white slaveowners use to call black people this, to oppress them, but now in recent years, the word found it's usage back from blacks.

White people didn't want to call black people this, and since the 50s the word found it's way back from African americans who use it to talk to eachother in a friendly way, and it means "homie" or friend..

Black people believe they are emancipating themsleves, but gangsta rap and hip hop like Niggas with attitude,
Dr. dre, snoop dogg, little wayne, 2pac, jayz , 2chainz... all promoting this word...

Is it still ok now to say it?

bear in mind, racists say "nigger"... black people say "nigga"

Most Helpful Guy

• I duno man, I'm white and when my black friends say this to me..

images.rapgenius.com/...da27f8f508dc.310x233x1.jpg

I kinda like it! haha.

I think the sentiment behind it is what matters and is so important! Having said that it's not a word I'd ever use!

What Girls Said 6

• I think black people need to stop playing the race card. I get called beaner and spick all the time because I'm a Latina and no one bats an eye. People give words bad meanings and let them control the world. I remember an old saying sticks and stones...

• that is true, also negroid is the scientific name for African black people. and negro means black in Spanish

• I don't say it, and I don't want other people to say it, more specifically not towards me.
    -someone who is part African American

That being said, everyone is different. And some black people are a-ok with non black friends saying it. Just to be safe, and not an ass, I would suggest people don't say it when meeting someone as it could seriously dampen the mood.

• I understand that some people want to take back the word and remove the hurtful and problematic connotation from it, but I think that some words are just too awful to be used.

• @mistninja314

Niggzzz <3

• If you're not black don't say it point blank period.

• i dont think either race should say it at all. i dont think the word has been empowered with its changed meaning at all its just another everyday stupid slang word that only teens and rappers think is cool to use

What Guys Said 9

• There's no option in the poll for white people who use it on all of their friends. I always say it to my friends when speaking informally. I don't associate it with people of African descent as it was originally intended. I believe, as a society, we should be long past issues of race.

• i say it for fun only when its warranted.

• I honestly don't care about it, not a word in my bank of cockney swears. Does get on my tits that if you're black you're allowed to spout it 24/7 and be seen as funny and witty though.

• Yeah but that's the thing, they say it like nigga, racists say it like "nigger"

• wrong word... i never use it actually... some people might get really offended by it :)

• I would say it if I'm citing a quote from someone else and they said it, but I don't need to use that word in day to day life, so I won't use it. But I'm not going to say "the n-word". It's so fucking stupid to say "the n-word". You are not going to do jack squat in stopping racists from spewing the word all over the internet by raising hell over a word. Go ahead and get frothy in the mouth about it and see if you stop a millimeter of it. If anything, you just empower the word the harder you attack it, so they use it even more. And lastly, if any black people want to further contribute to the plight of blacks by thinking they're being fresh, funny, hip fuckers by spouting the word all day long, that's their problem. We can't stop them, either.

• Language is completely subjective in meaning. Therefore, a word is only a slur if it's treated as such.

• I don't use such words nor do any of my friends.

• I don't think it's ever right to say it, there's no positivity to it at all.

• Its wrong black people can say it to WHoEVER they want.