I feel depressed, seven days clean, don't know what to do?

First of all i'm 14, and although age doesn't matter, i've brought it up because i'm at this awkward place in school with GCSEs and key stage 4, etc. But for almost five months i've been feeling depressed, and have self harmed. I don't know if questions like these are allowed, so if they're not i'll delete this.

But, i've been feeling like I have social anxiety of some sort for at least a year, and for the past four, or five months i've been depressed. Half of the time that i'm upset, I have no idea why, but school work, homework, friendships, and relationship problems don't exactly help. I've considered seeing my school counsellor multiple times, but I feel too anxious that I just couldn't, and the self harm I think plays a big part in it because I feel so addicted. I haven't done it in seven days, but it's constantly on my mind and I can't shake it. This is another reason why I can't see a counsellor, and my family and I aren't exactly close, so if I wanted to see even a school counsellor, then they'd need to contact my parents- and I don't want that. I just want to be ok, but I don't sleep as much, I eat perhaps one meal or no meals a day because my appetite is at an all time low, and yeah. I don't know what to do...

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel with the school stress, it's okay to worry a bit about it, that means you care. But don't worry too much about it if you can help it. The harder you work with homework and coursework, the less you have to worry. No one can know everything, anyway.
    I have never experienced relationship problems (I don't know any girls so I don't have to worry about that stuff) so yeah I would help you if I could with that

If I were you, I would go to the nicest teacher you know, and ask them if the school counsellor is confidential, I'm pretty sure they're meant to be. Then the teacher might offer to take you to the counsellor, or you could approach him/her yourself. If you don't want your parents finding out (totally understandable) you could ask if you could sort out the cutting without them having to find out? Obviously, the counsellor could tell your parents straight away, which would be a bit of a dick move in my opinion, if you're only cutting a bit.

Make sure you eat. The brain uses up to 20% of your energy. Even if you don't want it just try to have a bit more.

Obviously you could think I'm talking complete shit, but I just want to help, even if I'm wrong

What Girls Said 1

• You definitely need to talk to someone. This is going to get worse and worse if you don't. I know you don't want your parents to know but it's better to be safe than sorry. Talk to anyone about it, anyone you can. Feel free to message me if you'd like. You need to talk to someone!!

What Guys Said 3

• dude... being 7 days clean from self-harms is a good effort... keep stayin clean. and avoid any objects that will make u feel starting again, like razors :)

• you can contact a counselor and they can give you advice in confidence

• Smoke weed an pray the weed will help calm you down an help you think prayin will bring you peace