Standard or automatic?

Do you have a preference between driving a stick or an automatic?

Personally I like revving my engine and shifting manually..

How about you?

i feel like it accelerates quicker is that true or does it just feel that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Def stick... it makes no sense but it is way more fun. You are also more involved with what the car is doing hence more concentration and thus safety. Also better control in poor weather.

• Lol vroom chirp vroom chirp vroom!!

• It's the combo 😉

• Totally understand. Transmission sounds so PWT (Poor White Trash) while gearbox is classy ;)

What Guys Said 10

• AT, are better in my opinion... at least that's wot my dad was saying... since i don't drive :-p

anyway i believe if we use logic, ATs are easier... no?

• I only think they are better on hills lol I still cringe when I let off the clutch and gas it with cars right on my bumper!

• Manual makes the whole engine last longer. It's also much cheaper to buy and repair. Unless you truly suck at shifting. Then you might ruin it faster.

• Manuals are fun to drive except in stop and go traffic. When I'm financially stable I'll have an automatic and manual car.

• Automatic unless sports car or large truck. I think manual trannys def. accelerate quickly. They have more torque.

• I love manual cars. That's what I had to learn when I first started driving. Although when driving through NYC I hate it cause its constant stop and go traffic

• Do you remember learning on hills 😳 lol I was awful!! Got it down now though 👍

• My mom taught me stick shift but when it came to hills I had to learn that on my own. Very scary especially when your at a red light and the driver behind you is right in your ass

• Haha I remember like standing with my foot on the clutch and break and sticking my head out my sunroof to warn a dude with a nice car that he should back up or go around bwahahaha he gave me a thumbs up and went around lol

• Automatic for most cars, but give me a sports car in manual

• I just feel it's not really "driving" if it's automatic.

• I want to learn how to drive standard.

• If I`m tired then its automatic if I`m driving a sports car then its stick

• definate gear stick.. would not buy an automatic

What Girls Said 4

• I prefer automatic. I'm very anxious when it comes to driving and need all the help I can get.

• I have tendinitis in my left hand so I drive automatic. Boring but true ;P

• How about a car with the stick on the right side of the wheel?

• I don't have the strength in my left hand to control the wheel without hurting myself. It was actually my physical therapist who said no stick.

@Amplify

• I like manual transmissions. They last longer and you can control the, power better than an automatic.

• Only ever driven manual. I like it, but would try automatic too