What Order to Watch Marvel/Avengers Movies?

Okay, I haven't watched any movies from the Marvel universe before and I'm supposed to be going to see the new Avengers movie on Friday . It's not because I wasn't interested in watching them, I just hadn't gotten around to them yet. So, my question for you is what movies are essential to watch before Friday and what order should I watch them in? Thanks!

And as a bonus, Marvel or DC and which is your favorite comic/movie from it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the order in which the movie's events happen - Capt America First Avenger, Iron Man 1, The Incredible Hulk & Thor 1 & Iron Man 2 happen simultaneously, The Avengers, Capt America Winter Soldier, Iron Man 3, Thor The Dark World, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers Age of Ultron.

However, here's the watch order I recommend:
    Iron Man 1
    Iron Man 2
    The Incredible Hulk
    Thor
    Capt America First Avenger
    The Avengers
    Capt America Winter Soldier
    Iron Man 3
    Thor Dark World
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Age of Ultron.

What Guys Said 7

• You don't need to watch them all before seeing the Avengers 2, that would be a mountain of movies to work through. If you have the week off, by all means, but if you just want enough to understand what's going on, you can do it with a lot less.

Thor (1)
    The Avengers (1)
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2)
    The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2)

Those would probalby give you enough of an understanding to really know what's going on and the current state of the world.

Iron Man 3 might give you a little bit of extra context, but not a lot. Everything else will mostly be just background information. Nothing that will really be essential to know.

For your bonus question... Marvel. Favourite comics from them are probably... Nextwave and NYX. Maybe the Runaways. Maybe Alias.

• Iron man, the incredible hulk, thor, captain america: the first avenger, iron man 2, then the avengers. This concludes phase 1.

iron man 3, thor: the dark world, guardians of the galaxy, captain america: winter soldier, and avengers: age of ultron, and seasons 1 and 2 of agents of SHIELD make up phase 2. You're going to want to time it do that you conclude season 1 right when you're getting ready to watch captain america: winter soldier.

• I prefer marvel because they are better at keeping their writing free of errors and plot holes and keeping things consistent.

• (Iron man 1 and 2, Incredible Hulk, Captain America 1, Thor 1), Avengers 1, (Captain America 2, Thor 2, Iron Man 3), Avengers 2

• Iron man 1
    Increible hulk

IM2

THOR

CAP 1

Avengers 1

agents of shield

IM3

THOR 2

CAP 2

GOTG

AGents of shield season 2
    Daredevil tv show

Avengers 2

Antman

Cap 3

• MARVEL is my favourite... Love THOR 1 and Avengers 2 is the best of the best.

I like DC... just hate Batman

• Ahhh, okay! I've heard of Guardians of the Galaxy, but I didn't know what it was about.

• its the same thing like any other superhero movie...

• Daredevil
    Fantastic Four
    Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfur

• Captain America : The First Avenger
    Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    The Avengers
    Captain America : The Winter Soldier
    Iron Man 3
    Thor : The Dark World
    Guardians Of TheGalaxy
    Avengers : Age of Ultron

• you should watch them in order of their release date, I guess...

What Girls Said 2

• Captain America : winter soldier and iron man 3 as well

• the first avengers first.

• I thought Iron Man came out a while before that though? Or is the order weird like in Star Wars? I don't know haha

• i think you should watch the one with all of them first, then watch the individual ones.