What would happen if all citizens of your country were required to open carry firearms?

All citizens shall be required to open carry fire arms while on public land at all times. What would happen?

Updates:
What if I were to tell you almost everyone on a military base or police station open carry firearms?

0|0
3|11

Most Helpful Guy

• I went to a gun buyback once, in College Park, GA, February 2013... about 100+ people standing around, holding rifles, shotguns, handguns. Maybe 5 cops?

Everyone was veeerry polite.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• are you referring to only citizens who have fire arms? or require ALL citizens to have fire arms and openly carry them?

First one, good idea. Second, bad idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they were openly required to carry them, I guess there'd be less muggings etc because they'd only use them in self defense if the need ever arised.

Even if guns were required, shooting someone would still be illegal. It'd be the same as everyone not having guns, because if everyone had a gun they'd all be equal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. lots of gun fights?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Exactly what happens in Pakistan or Nigeria or whatever where everyone has a gun in the back of their car.

America have to stop kidding themselves thinking they have the overall citizen quality of Switzerland or whatever.

0|0
    0|0
  • it'd b funny :D

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of homicide

0|0
    0|0
  • I would develop a power suit and openly carry a sword

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't it obvious? There would be mass murder.

0|0
    0|0
  • They you'd live in America.

Jk, ahahaha. That'd be stupid, you can't give a child a gun. xD

0|0
    0|0
    • That would be VERY unreasonable so there would have to be a minimum age. I say 25.

• Whoops, *then.
      And yeah, that would be pretty damn stupid. It'd be like GTA in real life. Daily gun fights on the streets with explosions and car chases. xD

• More self-defense shootings. As in "self-defense".

1|1
    0|0
  • Gun violence would go up even more.

Come at me you mother fucking republicans!

0|0
    0|0
    • Appearing to have a chip on your shoulder is going to hurt the principles you stand behind.

• i get lots of down votes around here lol

• Scottish civil war over booze im guessing -_-' either that or football teams

0|0
    0|0
  • No one would shoot each other unless they wanted to commit suicide.

0|0
    0|0